Introduction: Prologue

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Introduction: Prologue

#1 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Along the road in a distant location is a village with no name but with citizens under siege by a gang of evil rogues, adventurers and rubes. Who will confront these men and their leaders? And what twist of fate awaits the PCs?

While travelling on a road to see the land each of you eventually runs into one and other on the road before you find this unnamed town along the road each of your will come across one another and have to either introduce yourself or ignore the others and suffer the DM's whimsy.

Well all of the PC's meetup on the road. This is the introduction for the characters to one another.

While travelling the roads to see the lands one day a stranger happens to come up beside you and introduces them self to you....
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Introduction: Prologue

#2 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - AC 3 HP: 14

Rician is traveling along a country road, outside the normal boundaries of Lord Henry Lockwindberg's, his Father's realm.

His mission to scout for any possible signs of trouble & to offer a peaceable annextation to his father's realm in thus receive protection.

Up ahead he spots another fellow & concentrates to detect evil on him (Crow).

If the fellow shows evil, Rician will just act normal & friendly for now.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#3 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis Moonglow, a tall elf with long golden hair is walking towards the nearest town. He notices the paladin approaching from the road, he gives the paladin a hearty wave and continues on. Knowing the paladin's trademark skills he will make sure to keep himself just outside of the mans radius of detection of evil and protection from evil aura.

As he walks he will hum a bit to himself, being a very cheery person.
Being an assassin he will always keep himself out of a paladins detection radius if he can help it as well as be disguised as an elf to make his travel easier.
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by ybn1197 »

Keeping pace with the two strangers, Arastor watches them from the security of the woodline. Even though his father was human, Arastor was not always welcome among them. He was always viewed with suspicion due to his elven heritage. He follows along, listening to their conversation till he knows whether they can be trusted, for surely if the human trusts the elf, then he himself will be accepted.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#5 Post by Baramoor »

The druid sees others moving along the road to the village as he exits from the forest. He smiles and waves openly to each from the treeline and spends just a moment before altering his passage to intersect with theirs and enjoy the chance to learn of the doings of the world.
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#6 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I took the liberty of doing a 2 for 1 here as my character isn't much for introductions. I hope that's OK.

A little ways up the road the group can see two more adventurers walking toward the village. They both look like the spell casting type and are dressed accordingly. They are not walking at too brisk of a pace, and when the rest of the group catches up with them they can see that it is a man and a woman. The Man introduces himself as Zylax of the Whispering Hills and introduces his cohort as Shay, the dark elf.

When she hears her name Shay reluctantly tilts her head back and from under her oversized cowl you can see that she indeed has the telltale black skin of the dreaded Drow elves. Shay says nothing but she does nod in acknowledgment to each of the other travelers.

Zylax, seeing the reactions on the groups faces says Fear not my friends, Shay here is not who you think she might be. I have known her for a while now and she has proved to be more than a worthy traveling companion. From what I've learned from her so far, she has seen more evil in her life than all of us put together. She has never known the ways of her heritage and I believe she has completely renounced evil. I realize that I am merely a stranger to you but I am willing to vouch for her if I must.

Shay again says nothing but takes her hood down as the Mage finishes and lets everyone see that she isn't trying to hide anything from the group. Her face is a gruesome sight that would make even the stoutest of dwarves avert his gaze in disgust and pity.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#7 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis gives a friendly wave to Zylax, "Well met! My name is Selonis Moonglow, a fellow traveling elf searching for their place in this world while also setting up trade negotiations, heh." He makes it a point to look directly into Shay's eyes with a soft warm light in his eyes and a smile on his face, "Us Elves are all together in this, you need not explain yourself to me little one. I hope you shall grace me with your voice sooner than later." Selonis gives her a slight wink before looking back towards the paladin, making sure to stay out of his range. "I am on my way to the village, you are welcome to walk with me though I will warn that I keep a brisk walking pace."
Life is a roller coaster, if you don't stop to enjoy it then you may as well not even ride.

Baramoor
Guide
Guide

#8 Post by Baramoor »

More and more travelers begin to merge on the road to the village as Doric comes closer. Greetings and well met my friends. May a lone traveler join you on this day and share some company and conversation?
If it is not true, do not speak it. If it is not right, do not do it. Marcus Aurelius

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Assume that last part that was said by me includes your character as well Baramoor.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#10 Post by OGRE MAGE »

Shay gets close to the elf(?) She looks deeply back into his eyes as if she is looking straight through them. She lets out an inquisitive Hmmm as if she is confused by something. Shay has seen many males of every race and most of her experiences with them did not end well for her.

She does manage to get out a few words in her soft garbled voice what do any of you know about this upcoming village?

GreyWolfVT

#11 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Here is what you all know at this time:
Located along a remote road, miles from any settlement of consequence, is The Village with No Name. This village is not much more than a small collection of buildings—an inn, a tavern, a stable, a general store, a few houses and, for the more pious of travelers, a church—where weary travelers and distant settlers can rest and resupply. The villagers tend towards neutral, and although the town once had an Elder (in reality, more of an elderly informal spiritual advisor), there is no organized or official government. In fact, the villagers have never bothered to name the village, instead referring to it simply as The Village or even The Village With No Name.
Recently, a gang of men rode in from the wilderness and took to the town’s taverns. They drank and brawled before riding through the village, shaking down the townspeople and visitors for valuables. Unfortunately, they never left and the villagers are under siege. In the time since the gang’s arrival, some villagers have fled, a few have died and most live in perpetual fear while the gang roams the village.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#12 Post by MonkeyWrench »

OGRE MAGE wrote:Shay gets close to the elf(?) She looks deeply back into his eyes as if she is looking straight through them. She lets out an inquisitive Hmmm as if she is confused by something. Shay has seen many males of every race and most of her experiences with them did not end well for her.

She does manage to get out a few words in her soft garbled voice what do any of you know about this upcoming village?
Selonis(Crow) relays what he knows of the village as they walk along the road, GM provided.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#13 Post by PyroArrow »

Ok, The Paladin is assuming the other travelers that are bunching up ahead of him are, of course, trying to stay at least 70 ft ahead.

Rician will just keep a slower pace back from them for now, until he comes to a village.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Travelling Man going the opposite direction of the group stops and speaks to them "Eh not very nice to leave your friend back there is it?" he says pointing at the paladin.

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#15 Post by MonkeyWrench »

Selonis glances back, then responds cheerfully while maintaining his pace, "friends? I have never met him, we are but fellow traveller's, headed to the same town."

doughx99
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#16 Post by doughx99 »

Zylax glances back and says he looks like a very honorable fighter we should ask him to join us

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by MonkeyWrench »

"hm? Why but of course! You may do as you like, we are all fellow traveller's." he continues his pace, whether the others continue on or wait for the paladin.

OGRE MAGE
First Gentleman
First Gentleman

#18 Post by OGRE MAGE »

I don't think the detect evil is automatic. Dosent the paladin have to say that he is actively detecting?

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#19 Post by PyroArrow »

Of course i have to concentrate on the detecting, & can do it whenever i want.

Player:

MonkeyWrench
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#20 Post by MonkeyWrench »

as a given rule Crow will always be wary of any paladin, at all times.

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”