It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:17 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am
Posts: 1078
Location: Midwest
Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour & Ring +1: AC 5 (Armor 10 hp) - Bandir HP: 11 /11:

Hantae's Eyes only

Bandir moves along side Hantae and slips her a potion of Invisibility saying softly, "In case you don't want to be seen this will help."


Bandir signals everyone to get out of sight and for Rukiel to hide the cart and pony. Then signals everyone to fan out.

Has the dragon seen us? Distance to the Dragon?

Bandir gets the Wand of enfeeblement (WOE) ready in one hand and the Wand of Fire ready in the other. He checks the activation code on the WOE so he's ready to use it. Bandir looks for cover to hide behind as he tries to move quietly away from the others crouching down as he does.

_________________
Abrex Myzeen Tri Class in progress Human Faris 3 Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
Bandir Spellstalker Gray Elf Multiclass Fighter 1/Mage 2 - A Village with no name


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 5:58 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Cwreando wrote:
Has the dragon seen us? Distance to the Dragon?

The dragon currently is sleeping with piles of bones near it that appear to be of deer and other larger wild animals. Perhaps that is what the group saw earlier flying above them it is bigger than a horse but not by much it is roughly the size of a clydesdale horse not counting the length of the dragons tail or wings. At this time no the dragon has not seen the group the dragon is a good 50 to 60 feet away from the group resting on what was likely the front lawn of the mansion.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 12:09 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am
Posts: 3040
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

Rician will find a spot to hide and take cover, while he observes and concentrates on the green dragon to detect any possible evil.

_________________
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am
Posts: 3040
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

After about a minute of observing the green dragon, Rician signals to the others that the creature is indeed evil.

_________________
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:00 pm 
Offline
Pathfinder
Pathfinder
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 274
Location: Northern Vermont
Hantae

Takes the potion from Bandir and nods to him. She then moves silently to a side away from the dragons mouth. She is prepared to drink the potion and move for a back stab attempt with her longsword once the signal is given.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:14 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3837
Location: Michigan
Krakus- He will move upwind of the dragonstaying behind cover looking for any other dangers.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:55 pm 
Offline
Strider
Strider

Joined: Wed Oct 18, 2017 1:42 pm
Posts: 28
Botang says" Mis no lik gresn drak" naskty mboî tatá... lik mis sya, Botang kan helk kils iss ite gooss tok etem yes"

Translation: "Me no like green drake....nasty Boitatá...like me says, Batang can help kill it good to eat'em yes", (The mighty half-ogre prepares himself for battle, he securely straps his large tower shield to his arm where it will cover his frontal assault, and unlimbers his massive sword, you can hear him muttering something that sounds like prayers....He then looks up and nods his head to his fellow warriors that he is ready, he even looks like he is bigger now than before with a savage grin on his face ).

Boitatá means "fiery serpent"

_________________
"We few, we happy few, we band of brothers"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:12 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2696
Keathan readies a spell, hoping the paint the lizard in a purplish glow just after the first attack.

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2376
Location: Pennsylvania
Brother Canis can barely contain his enthusiasm, whispers"Bless the Light, would you look at THAT!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 11:00 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
Rukiel the Fickle whispers just like Brother Canis, barely able to contain his excitement as well at the prospects of confronting the dragon.

"You think I have enough rope to lasso that thing? Ah, what I am saying?! Of course I do! Question is, is my tree climbing still as good as it once was? You all shall find out soon...." he ends with a smile.

After having secured the cart and horse in a hidden location, Rukiel prepares his lasso of rope with a light quarrel and makes doubly sure the knots are tied securely. He then looks for a tree nearby the dragon that would be easy to climb. 'With the amount of distractions heading its way, this capture should be easy as pie!' he thinks to himself with a wide grin and equally wide eyes.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 6:44 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Rukellian wrote:
Rukiel the Fickle whispers just like Brother Canis, barely able to contain his excitement as well at the prospects of confronting the dragon.

"You think I have enough rope to lasso that thing? Ah, what I am saying?! Of course I do! Question is, is my tree climbing still as good as it once was? You all shall find out soon...." he ends with a smile.

After having secured the cart and horse in a hidden location, Rukiel prepares his lasso of rope with a light quarrel and makes doubly sure the knots are tied securely. He then looks for a tree nearby the dragon that would be easy to climb. 'With the amount of distractions heading its way, this capture should be easy as pie!' he thinks to himself with a wide grin and equally wide eyes.

See here is where NWP come in really handy do you have rope use? Or Mountaineering? Base climb without mountaineering NWP is 40% so Ruke give a climb % die roll, if you have mountaineering it gives you a 10% bonus to climb rolls and if you have rope use give me a roll for that same as a Dex check no penalty or bonus. If you have set snares NWP we can use a skill roll for that in leu of rope use NWP check. Set Snare is Dex -1 check roll.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:57 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4861
Location: US East Coast
You better believe my character has rope use 8-)

Rope Use Skill Check [1d20] = 3 against a 17


This should be fun ;)

Edit:
Climb check against 40% [1d100] = 10 If I need to roll under, I've still got it, right?

If I needed to roll over... here is my Dex roll for the fall.
Dex Check against 17 [1d20] = 9

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:24 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17452
Location: Central Vermont
Rukiel successfully proves his skill with the rope making a lasso, and shows he has climb a tree or two before skillfully climbing a tree nearby his plan so far is coming to fruition quite easily. He now sits in the tree with his rope now just to try and lasso a young dragon.

Everyone else reacts in their own ways some looking to see if they can detect evil others astounded to see their first dragon. Others preparing to fight the creature. Hantae vanishes from sight after taking something from Bandir. Karakus the only one taking time to watch the groups back in looking around has an eerie feeling that he is being watched or stalked by something. Botang professes to wanting to eat the dragon after killing it? Or so that is what half of you thought you heard him say.

The young dragon's eye opens and focuses on the group, a crack of a tree or tree branch sounds from the woods nearby and Krakus now understands why he has the feeling of being watched or stalked. As a larger green dragon appears to be watching the younger smaller dragon and the group around it.



Next Action?

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 293 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group