It is currently Thu Oct 19, 2017 9:11 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:57 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am
Posts: 1048
Location: Midwest
Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour & Ring +1: AC 5 (Armor 10 hp) - Bandir HP: 11 /11:

Bandir stays close to cover and watches the sky and woods for movement as they move up the hill after the scouts, "Don't fall too far behind the scouts and stay alert. I don't know if it's true but if there is a dragon about we better see it first."

_________________
Abrex Myzeen Tri Class in progress Human Faris 3 Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
Bandir Spellstalker Gray Elf Multiclass Fighter 1/Mage 2 - A Village with no name


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2017 7:29 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4758
Location: US East Coast
Rukiel the Fickle

"You'd think we would hear it too before seeing it, being as quiet as it is out here." Rukiel cocks his head to the side, looking around lazily as he trods along the rough path. He'd crack a few jokes to break the tense mood, but all he can seem to think about is how to best sneak up on a dragon.... 'Catch it while it's asleep? No, it must have excellent hearing, wouldn't do. Distract it with something and land on it from above?' Rukiel pauses his march for a moment as he further entertains the idea. Stepping off to the side, he starts to rummage through his pack.

"Rats! No hook. Must have left it.... ah, yes, back when I had more rope." He thinks back on the time he wanted to practice his roof jumping. He chuckles to himself and puts away his pack. "Perhaps the bird is having as much fun with it as I did."

Rukiel returns to the group with a smile on his face. "Next time we get to town, I have something new I want to try. It involves getting up a high place and using a fishing rod."

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:55 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16963
Location: Vermont, USA
Down the path
Clearing the way and moving up the path/road scouting and listening forest sounds are still all around birds and other creatures of the woods chirping chattering and moving about their daily business ignoring the adventurers and the horse & cart. No sounds of dragons are heard then again none of the group has ever encountered a dragon to really know what it would sound like. Everyone jokes, talks and muses about how it would ordinarily be normal to hear the dragon first should there really be one out here.

As everyone slowly moves up the path in the sunny day talking and speculating about dragons, a shadow large enough to be a large bird crosses over the group blocking the sun briefly. Whatever it was was large at least as big as a horse in the air, however it moved fast and nobody was able to look up to see what it was that made the shadow. Perhaps from fear or pure hesitation hard to say why nobody looked up but the group suddenly froze in their tracks and stopped talking about dragons for the moment. No roars or "dragon-like" sounds are heard.

Just as everyone's heart has stopped racing the shadow crosses over again this time everyone looks to the skies, however whatever is flying over head moves fast and is up high enough that it cannot be seen and defined as to what it is. But it definitely is larger than a man, and is at least guessed to be the size of a horse to say the least. When it flies overhead all of the forest creatures sounds stop almost eerily and suddenly, once whatever it is has flown past the other forest dwellers return to normal sounds again.

Actions?

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:53 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Northern Vermont
Hantae keeps her bow at the ready and focuses on watching the sky as well as the forest.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:33 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sat May 25, 2013 5:13 pm
Posts: 4758
Location: US East Coast
Rukiel will make sure a quarrel is loaded in his crossbow as he proceeds in making sure Bagel is fine to continue. Wouldn't want to force a spooked horse to continue a rough mountain path. "Speak of the devil, and he shall come, isn't that how the saying goes? Didn't look too big to me though." Rukiel shrugs with a smile matching his confidence.

_________________
In order to measure a person’s worth, you must do more than push them. The real way to test their worth is to give them power. When they gain the freedom to act outside the boundaries of law and ethics, you can sometimes see their souls. When the weak become strong... When good citizens become free to engage in violence... I'm interested to see what is the outcome of that. ~Makishima Shougo

Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:46 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2255
Location: Pennsylvania
Brother Canis scans the sky eagerly to catch a glimpse of a real live dragon!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:21 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am
Posts: 1048
Location: Midwest
Bandir

Bandir says, “Fan out. I think we shouldn’t be bunched up. 10 to 20 feet apart should do it. Use any cover you can find. See if you can tell where it’s flying to.”

Bandir notches an arrow and tries to see which way the flying beast is heading. It’s got to sleep somewhere. Hopefully not where they’re going. Bandir fans out for cover.

_________________
Abrex Myzeen Tri Class in progress Human Faris 3 Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
Bandir Spellstalker Gray Elf Multiclass Fighter 1/Mage 2 - A Village with no name


Last edited by Cwreando on Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:25 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am
Posts: 3005
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

Rician tries to spot the flying critter as he fans out into the brush, for some cover.

_________________
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:43 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Northern Vermont
Hantae heads for some cover, preferable a large hardwood. Keeping her eyes peeled and bow ready.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 9:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3762
Location: Michigan
Krakus moves away from the Rukes horse knowing that would be the easiest target for whatever is flying above. He spreads as Bandir instructed listening for any movement on the ground or in the air. Battle Axe at the ready.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:35 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16963
Location: Vermont, USA
So you wanna see a dragon?

The group fans out and keeps moving forward slowly and much more alert now. Rukiel is able to relax Bagel enough the he can get the steed to move forward again. Clouds pass by the sun and darken the area briefly wondering if it is the dragon again everyone looks to the skies in relief or disappointment everyone lets out a sigh, realizing it is just the clouds this time. A few times the group stops hearing sounds of something rushing from the forest only to stop find cover and watch some deer rush out of the forest cross the old road with out care or notice of anyone and dive off into the forrest again on the opposite side of the old road.

The ranger of the group Keathan points out that the deer were likely spooked by something. Krakus having hunted back with his tribe too knows that the deer normally would not be rushing unless they were scared by something. Rukiel agrees trying to remember back to that one time he was trying to court a lords daughter and being taken on a "royal hunt" though mostly he was thinking about the lovely lords daughter and listening less to what the huntsmen were telling him at the time, he merely nods agreement with what the Ranger and Barbarian say.

The second time it's a group of boar that come crashing out of the woods and rush off in the opposite direction. Noticing a pattern the group concludes that the large flying creature were it dragon or not obviously mush be in the area all the game is rushing to get away from which just so happens to lead north in the forest same as the winding road leads. Chances are you are all heading in the correct direction.

Actions?

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:49 am 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Northern Vermont
Hantae
Well, I suppose we should keep moving. She will stay very alert, bow at the ready.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 1:04 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 13, 2013 10:32 am
Posts: 3005
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

Rician moves out of the brush and back onto the overgrown path, whack some more plants down in the process to help get the cart through.

Says, "Ok, yep, let us keep moving, along the path, and not bother whatever it is, since it is not bothering us."

_________________
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 3:24 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:34 am
Posts: 1048
Location: Midwest
Bandir

Bandir whispers, “I think we are moving toward the beast as it is Rician. I wonder if this dragon has taken to the castle as it’s own lair. Best stay alert and as quiet as we can be. Ruk, at some point we’ll need to hide the horse and wagon my friend. Perhaps once we see how much further we need to travel.”

_________________
Abrex Myzeen Tri Class in progress Human Faris 3 Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)
Bandir Spellstalker Gray Elf Multiclass Fighter 1/Mage 2 - A Village with no name


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:13 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2014 7:41 pm
Posts: 3762
Location: Michigan
Krakus- Two of us should scout ahead some distance so that we can warn the others of any danger. He walksover to Rukes horse. This horse will make a fine meal for a dragon. He smiles and gives it pat on the rear.

_________________
Bragar Battlehammer - (Cleric), Ravenloft
Xanophia-(Fight/Thief)-Dark Clouds Gather
Oxeander Longleaf- (Fight/MU), The Pits of Wob (1e AD&D)
Krakus(Barbarian )Village with no name
Grillock Dazbule "Can you help a brother out"
Kitchi Machk(Brave Bear) "Hidden Shrine of Tamochaon"
Craxzus Oaksword- "Silverymoon"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:21 pm 
Offline
Guide
Guide
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 15, 2017 3:44 pm
Posts: 211
Location: Northern Vermont
Hantae I can scout ahead.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:58 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2255
Location: Pennsylvania
Brother Canis shrugs and follows...


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 7:40 pm
Posts: 2689
Keathan is happy to scout ahead and stay ahead of the rest of the party.

_________________
Lauranna, T4/MU3, A New Hope to the West
Mathias, C3, A Village With No Name
Raphael, Gang Banger, Mechanic, Price of Freedom
Barnhardt,%20B1,%20Brave%20New%20World
Lord Edwardo Muscha, In the Marches, Traveller


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 198 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group