Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

#101 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis hangs back while the arrows fly into their entangled target. He wipes the gore from his mace.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#102 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Battle End Summary

The entangled scorpion can't break free and stands no chance for survival. Arrows fly in at the thing and Hantae finishes the creature off with her arrow that hit it. (Crit from Bandir, Hantae + Rician's hit ends the scorpion.) Rukiel calms his steed bagel, Brother Canis wipes the ichor and gore from his mace admiring the others battle skills. Everyone else calms down now that battle is ended noticing that slowly the sounds of birds and squirrels returns to their ears in the forest, along with the sounds of other wildlife.

Everyone is definitely feeling the adrenaline surging through their veins after the battle. Some feel other things such as the poison coursing from the scorpion sting. Krakus the barbarian feels very ill and crouches down feeling the effects of the poison.

The road before you is open nothing coming from either direction at the moment. You still have another day's travel until the old logging road should show on the eastern side of the road.

Actions?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#103 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis speaks, "Friend Krakus, that was quite some skill there! You seem to have taken the brunt of the fury of those foul stingers though! Let me help you,eh?"

Brother Canis kneels with Krakus and prays humbly to his betters, "lentum venenum"

Prayer for slow poison on Krakus

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#104 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour & Ring +1: AC 5 (Armor 10 hp) - Bandir HP: 11 /11:

"Good Job folks", comments Bandir. Bandir looks about to recover any of his arrows either that he missed with or from the dead scorpions. He also looks to gather potion ingredients from the remains. Creates a container from a stomach or intestine and puts the ingredients in there that are perishable (eyes, poison gland ect.) and the other ingredients in separate cloth pouches he'll make from his bed roll or other extra clothing (shell fragments, toenail fragments and such).

"If we have a bit more time to travel we should do so then make camp so we don't get to our destination at the end of the day perhaps."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#105 Post by Rex »

Hantae the Dark

Hantae will recover her arrows and keep watch for any other dangers while Brother Canis works on Krakus.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#106 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Feeling the affects of the poisin takes a seat on the back of Rukiels wagon. Many thanks Canis. Will this cure me or do I need to find a antidote?
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#107 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel the Fickle

Rukiel, too, will recover the quarrels he fired (x2), hoping that they are still in good condition. He beams when he sees Brother Canis help Krakus onto the back of his wagon. "I knew we'd get some use out of it yet!"

He walks over to Krakus after recovering what quarrels he can, and inspects the stinger wound. "Ooof, nasty sting that must have been. Think we should bleed it out?" Rukiel slips off his backpack and sits it down on the ground. He starts to rummage through it, muttering something about where he put his extra daggers. "Stings, stings.... hmmm, think we should smear mud on it too?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#108 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour & Ring +1: AC 5 (Armor 10 hp) - Bandir HP: 11 /11:

Bandir makes his way over to Krakus, "You going to make it my friend? That look like a nasty hit you took. Perhaps you can take it easy and ride in the wagon to save your strength. We may need to travel a ways yet today before we camp."
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#109 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis "Krakus, my friend, it is difficult to say the immediate course - prayers and poison are both sometime unpredictable, eh? Let us keep close eye on you and see how you fair!"

GreyWolfVT

#110 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Since Bandir is harvesting the poison glands it is possible he might be able to formulate or create an antidote. However I am trying to locate the list I pm'd Ruke when he was a deep gnome of the potions he had found so i can add them to the loot list as you guys have those and I suspect there was a antidote for poison in one of the bottles/vials.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#111 Post by Dram »

Krakus slides into the back of the cart. I shall do as you say friend.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#112 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir will examine the unidentifiable potions once he's done harvesting the scorpions to see if they might help them if allowed.

[1d20] = 2

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#114 Post by Rex »

Hantae checks over the area and then readies herself to move on.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#115 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel the Fickle

Rukiel finds the dagger in question and raises it up with a triumphant smile. "Right. Brother Canis? You are a man of healing, or was it good health?" Rukiel ponders on it for a moment. "Drinking certainly has its merits but- err, anyway, I found that the best way to deal with poisons is to simply bleed it out if you're quick enough that is. Shall we give this a go or do we have some poison-go-away in a bottle somewhere?"
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#116 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis "Well, i'd certainty drink to your health if we had a drop, eh?! It turns out that the gods have been gone to me and have granted what healing i can provide. He should be on the mend with my prayers a moment ago - trying to rid him of those nasty poisonous humours. If additional healing he - or any of you may need - i'm happy to let the Light provide!"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#117 Post by Cwreando »

"Here brother Canis. These are elixers of health for you to administer. I think a 1/2 dose will cure our friend Krakus", Comments Bandir. "I had forgotten all about these from the necromancers lair in all the excitement of the new adventure." Bandir helps Brother Canis provide 1/2 of one of the potion to Krakus.

Elixir of Health:
This potion cures blindness, deafness, disease, feeble-mindedness, insanity, infection, infestation, poisoning, and rot. It will not heal wounds or restore hit points lost through any of the above causes. Imbibing the whole potion will cure all of the above afflictions suffered by the imbiber. Half a flask will cure any one or two of the listed ills.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#118 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis smiles in wonder"Potent Potion indeed, eh!? I will handle them carefully - this should do just the trick today!"

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#119 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir now realizing the Deep gnome gave him the bag of potions from the necromancers lair before he departed tells the group, "He folks I have some stuff here that I forgot I had so if any of you are interested in any of these let me know. I'll try and figure out the poison vials if you want or need me too. If you don't want them now but need them later on just let me know."

4 x (unidentified) poison viles These could be several kinds of poisons in various efficacious forms.
2 x Elixers of health - given to Canis
2 x healing potions (regular not extra healing)
1 x Oil of Acid Resistance
1 x potion of Invisibility.
2 x viles you cannot determine contain a black almost tarish looking liquid (One was used and turned the necromancer into a wraith) These might be potions of wraithform just guessing though.

Bandir figures he was able to recover 1/2 of the arrows he shot. Inventory adjusted based on that.

GreyWolfVT

#120 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Before I proceed on is one of the potions of Heath going to be used on Krakus or at least half the potion?

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”