Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: Chapter 2 Part 1: New Adventures

#41 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Ireena turns to Rukiel and smiles "Good then you can pay your tab when you return rich man." as Rukiel hastily leaves the tavern she shakes her head "Hope he's a better adventurer than he is at sweeping and paying. Best of luck to you all."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#42 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour & Ring +1: AC 5 (Armor 10 hp) - Bandir HP: 11 /11:

Bandir looks over the crew and nods saying, "Let's get going then shall we?" Once they are set Bandir makes sure to feed and water Kore before they go and along the way also as much as possible. He keeps a look out for the road they need to follow.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active
Durgo Brigthboon Fighter Human Level 3 - Spearment's Barromaze

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

I am fine with the marching order.

Rician says, "Yes, I am ready to get going myself!"
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :
1A: The Inheritance (1st Ed D&D)

Player:
Erico Caravellino - Thief : Elphand Adventures (ACKS Wilderlands - On Hold)
Stanilus Peri -Fighter (Bard) : Wardens in the North (D&D 1st Ed - On Hold)

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin Knight : A Village With No Name (1st Ed D&D)
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Vicentio Senereno : Human Wizard : Veranar (5th Ed. D&D)
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)
Rician Lockwindberg : Human Paladin : A Village With No Name (2nd Edition AD&D)
Norbold Ernessaeia : Sylvian Elf Cleric : Minn's Mound (1st Edition AD&D)

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#44 Post by Dram »

Krakus- So lets be off then. He heads for the door.

Marching order is good to me also.
Current Characters/Games
Grakluse Longleaf-A Candle in the Darkness
Jacxor Ironforge-Dungeon of the Mad Mage (5e)
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls
Xlore Strongoak-B11 King's Festival & B12 Queen's Harvest - AD&D 2e

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#45 Post by Rukellian »

Though Rukiel may act brave, he is actually afraid to travel alone at times. Since he is designated as the rear guard of the group, he will wait for the others to set out on the road. He has no need for a base of operations because he carries everything he owns in his wagon, which he takes where ever he goes, if possible. Bagel, his horse, has been a good guard ;)

You will find Rukiel hanging around the town's edge, his horse and wagon ready for travel. Every now and then he will inspect his equipment to make sure it is up to snuff with his adventuring standards. "Rope tautness.... check. Quarrel sharpness.... *ouch* check. Soap? Where did I put my-! Oh, good. Check."
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Ruke leave the horse and wagon at our new base camp. Unless you plan on feeding that horse of yours to the dragon. Krakus winks at Ruke and helps him check the harnesses on the horse.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#47 Post by Rukellian »

I apologize in advance if this ruffles any feathers. I'm just playing roleplaying my character.

Rukiel the Fickle

"And leave my most valuable possessions in the hands of strangers?!" Rukiel lets out an exasperated sigh and puts his head between his hands, shaking it as he looks on the ground in disbelief.

"That tavern lady is going to steal my wagon, hold it for ransom until I pay my tab, I just know it! Look.... Krakel or Kraken, however you say our name, I've just met you guys. To have me trust you all with my wagon AND my horse before I even get to know any of you is VERY fishy. But I don't want to see Bagel get roasted either..... !"

Rukiel suddenly looks to his left and right, stands on his toes to look over Krakus' shoulders, and then swivels his head to check his back. "Okay, this is me giving you a fair shake at this thing called trust. You helped clean up that pile of mugs from earlier, so you can't be that bad of a guy. If you can give me your word that no one in town or anyone in your group is going to make off with my stuff, then I shall consider keeping it all near some abandoned house that everyone is sharing. Okay?"

Rukiel is all wide-eyed at this point. Apparently, sometime in his past, he got ripped off before and lost a lot of his belongings to strangers. Now he has a healthy dose of paranoia following him around every now and then.
Even a child that receives one bit of praise has the ability to excel in a single talent, and those who receive regular encouragement can feel confidence, achieve success, and become leading members of society. Because they don’t believe they are worthless, they don’t need to raise a fist and have vengeance against fate or the world at large… ~Inspector Lunge

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#48 Post by Rex »

Hantae

I think you should bring the horse and wagon. Firstly I would rather ride in the wagon then walk and secondly I like horse cooked medium rare so its a win either way." Hantae says with a chuckle.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#49 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician Lockwindberg - Paladin - Banded Mail AC 4 + Stone Warden Shield (+2): AC 2 - HP: 27 /27:

I did have Rician talking to town guards in the tavern about coming along to watch over a campsite. So they would be watching over the fickle Rukiel's horse and wagon as well.
Dungeon Master : Guido's Keep on the Borderlands & the Hills of Horror & Chaos (1st Ed D&D) :

Player:

Maximillian Arikas [Aether] & Steve Sanderson [Flicker] : Rebirth of Power: 4C System
Theodore Mumfordian - Half-Elf Ranger : Terrible Trouble at Tragidore (1st Ed AD&D) [Completed]
Tonkioso 'Gizzy' Gizmoebius : Clockwork Child : At the Forest Edge (Beyond the Wall & Other Adv)

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#50 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir Spellbringer - F1/M2 - Spell Armour & Ring +1: AC 5 (Armor 10 hp) - Bandir HP: 11 /11:

Bandir says "I am bringing my horse Kore also. We need something to bring back our loot too.. there is a risk of danger for our animals though. A few towns guards would help a bit too.
Last edited by Cwreando on Wed Jul 26, 2017 1:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Trist Flameheart Multi-Class in progress Gray Elf Fighter/Mage 3/3 - Grey Wolf's Mystara Adventures (Ad&d 2e) Active

GreyWolfVT

#51 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Sorry but the town guard is not numerous enough to spare men to go with you that is why the job was offered to the party since there were at the time 8 of you.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Cwreando
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#52 Post by Cwreando »

Bandir says, "OK. After looking things over I guess we better just walk there. Less we have to worry about running off or getting eaten. Looks like we are on foot folks."

Bandir gathers his backpack and gear and makes sure Kore is stabled and taken care. He heads out the door early morning.

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#53 Post by PyroArrow »

Rician packs his backpack and gear, sheathes his Bastard and Long Swords, slings his magical grey wooden shield on his back, says a quick prayer to his deity and heads out the door to meet the others for the hike up to the old mansion.

Player:

Rex
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Rex »

Hantae

Hantae grabs her stuff and falls in.

Rukellian
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Rukellian »

Rukiel the Fickle

Now that Rukiel has a small audience before him, he says the following, completely disregarding the conversation he just had with Krakus. "If the fair Hantae wants to ride my wagon, she is more than welcome to it; however, that would mean traveling on the road by Sparrow Point. Not the most direct of paths, but it will allow me- err, I mean us, to carry more stuff back from the mansion. Valuable stuff."

He walks over and pats the side of his wagon. "I'd wager this is small enough to bring with us and easy enough to conceal." Rukiel shoots Bandir a toothy grin. "Don't worry about my Bagel. She's a smart one that. If things get dicey, she will run away on her own, and eventually find her way back. She always does."

My character is all for bringing the wagon and his horse along, even if the terrain gets a bit rough along the way. And.... if a dragon does eventually swoop down and pick up my horse, well, at least I knew what I was walking into. :lol: :shock:

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#56 Post by ravenn4544 »

Brother Canis tightens his belt about his robes and joins the group with a grin. "Well now, Ruk, that is awfully kind of you to provide a wagon for me to ride upon! It is indeed tiring caring for those in need!"

PyroArrow
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#57 Post by PyroArrow »

Says, "I would guess there is a path through the woods to the mansion but of course it would likely be quiet a bit overgrown."

"If we find it, it may still be somewhat easier to traverse."

Player:

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#58 Post by Dram »

Krakus- Little buddy your items will be safe. If you pay the stablemaster 2 or 3 weeks in advance. He will take good care of your pony. We should not be gone more than 3 weeks. And if it is sold or stolen I will buy you a new with my share of the treasure. If not, I like my pony medium well. He laughs and pats Ruke on back.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

GreyWolfVT

#59 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I mentioned this before but I'll mention it again there are two methods to get to the forest mansion like a hunter, trapper, forester/ranger through the woods with no clear path, trail or road to follow just the direction of North. The second path is the road from Sparrow's Point going North until you find the long unused old road that went to the mansion.

Dram
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#60 Post by Dram »

Krakus- I say we find this Sparrow point. Keethan should be able to spot the old road. Lets head out.
Current Characters/Games
Kreed Oaken-Chaos halls

Return to “A Village With No Name [Sandbox] (2e AD&D)”