Out-of-character chat

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: Out-of-character chat

#21 Post by spanningtree »

What site is everyone using to post images? I feel naked w/o a pic of my character being posted. :?

Figured it out, stole Greyarea's blogspot idea.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#22 Post by badams30 »

Are you sure blogspot is the best place for your crayon scribbling?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#23 Post by tumblingdice »

We're live with a new round, gentlemen. Please handle your own dice rolls.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by spanningtree »

badams30 wrote:Are you sure blogspot is the best place for your crayon scribbling?

Blasphemy!! :lol:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#25 Post by connivingsumo »

I use imgur.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#26 Post by tumblingdice »

Yo tambien. Stole the idea from Paul.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#27 Post by tumblingdice »

connivingsumo wrote:I use imgur.
More importantly, what is Roikos going to use for his next move, and against whom? Flail in the face of his mounted attacker? Finish off the weretiger? Or maybe bring down the wrath of Vanya on his foes? After last round, I wouldn't recommend any spell-casting in such close quarters.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#28 Post by tumblingdice »

Sorry for the delay, guys. Fighting a bug of some kind. I've got the combat turn mostly done. I'm pleased to report so far that no PC's were killed this round...yet. Will try to finish up tonight.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#29 Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:Sorry for the delay, guys. Fighting a bug of some kind. I've got the combat turn mostly done. I'm pleased to report so far that no PC's were killed this round...yet. Will try to finish up tonight.
Where our PCs are in mid-swing, anxiously awaiting for masterful storyteller, your health is certainly more important. We can wait. :mrgreen:

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#30 Post by spanningtree »

@GM: Could i get a clarification on Tarrana's sword? It has levitate as an ability, does that mean she can levitate using the sword or does the sword levitate by itself (do a jig and all that)? Are there any restrictions on the usage?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#31 Post by tumblingdice »

spanningtree wrote:@GM: Could i get a clarification on Tarrana's sword? It has levitate as an ability, does that mean she can levitate using the sword or does the sword levitate by itself (do a jig and all that)? Are there any restrictions on the usage?
Yes. The sword grants its wielder the ability to levitate. From the LL Rules, on sapient swords:

Spell-like powers often mimic spell effects. To use any of the powers detailed below, the sword wielder is required to be holding the sword and concentrating on the effect. All of the detection powers may only be used once in a round, and all spell-like powers may only be used 3 times total in one day.

As for the specific power you asked about, Levitate: As the magic-user spell, for 3 turns

Does this help? We'll need to figure out the swords motivations, and see how we can work it into the adventure.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#32 Post by spanningtree »

Perfect, just what I needed to know. Yeah, just had to have one of those "smart swords", like having a Tesla on auto pilot, could go either way.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#33 Post by spanningtree »

@GM: From the description: +1 bastard sword, Int 9, see invisible, detect gems, levitation, alignment Lawful, ego7.

Are the 'see invisible', 'detect gems' also 3x/day? Considering the sword has average intelligence and a bit of ego with a gem seeking woody, I am thinking it's motivated by treasure seeking and may make a bit of a random ruckus if there is a greater than 500gp gem in the local area. Thoughts?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#34 Post by tumblingdice »

The sword can use its assortment of powers a total of three times per day, in any combination. I like your suggestion, and will keep it in mind for subsequent treasure hoards. :D

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#35 Post by tumblingdice »

Some info from earlier in the game, which might help with your decision making here. Nothing has changed in two years regarding either Star Wars, or my luck with the home scanner. :lol:
tumblingdice wrote:Thanks for your patience, everyone. Life and work just keep getting busier and busier. Too busy to see the new Star Wars, even.

Taranna feels for the bishop's pulse. Holding her elven fingers against his neck, she feels a faint beating, but not much more. There is no shade nearby, but since it's almost twilight, the temperature is starting to drop. Aristide notices the man was carrying a fine-looking mace, and is wearing a ring of great craftsmanship and beauty.

Breaking open the scroll tube, you find a sheet of parchment. Unrolling it, you discover that it's a map, which you'll have to imagine until tomorrow because Steve, the IT guy, can't get his ^%&*$ scanner to work at home.

The map shows a range of mountains to the east, at the edge of a desert, followed by open country beyond. To the west, in the middle of a great wood, is a lake. Above the lake is an X. Across the top of the map, someone has scrawled, in the handwriting of a madman, "O Gods, guide me to destroy this temple of death..."
tumblingdice wrote:The captain listens as you give a report of what happened. He frowns at Roikos' mention of the shadow. He also studies the map with you. "'O Gods'," he mutters, "'guide me from this temple of death'? What in the hells..." Sarras turns to his attention to the resting bishop, then back to the map.

"Good work men, ma'am," he finally says. "We'll let the bishop sleep here for now. You're still on duty for tonight, but make sure you get some grub and some ale before you take your posts.

Day 2, Village of Pramayama, commander's house, morning

After catching a few hours rest and a quick breakfast, you are summoned to the commander's house. Bishop Guillaume is sleeping in the other room. Sarras launches right into business.

"Bishop Gillem drifted in and out of sleep all night," he says, pacing back and forth behind his desk. "He babbled quite a bit, and much of it made no sense at all. Three things he kept repeating, though, were 'Temple of Death,' 'The Master,' and 'The Great Pass.' The bishop's a fruitcake," Sarras admits, "but he's a holy man and the gods favor him. He brought us this message for a reason. This temple must have something to do with the outcome of the war."

Sarras unrolls the bishop's map, spreading it out on the desk. It's still sitting on my scanner at home. Sorry guys. As a reminder, there's a mountain range on the right, and something marking a pass through the mountains. On the left is a large forest with a lake, and an x over the lake. The middle of the map is open terrain.

"I can't march a damned reserve force," he confesses, "halfway across the continent and into a belligerent country to destroy a temple. And at this point," he says, lowering his voice, "I don't hold out much hope for finding the rest of the republic army."

The captain clears his throat, then gives you a hard look. "This is a job for a smaller, more, elite group. Simply put," he says, "I need you to travel beyond the Great Pass, and find this Temple of Death. I don't know what in the nine hells you're supposed to do once you get there. You'll have to use your own judgment."

Sarras snorts. "The only things standing in your way," he continues, "will be the entire gods-damned Sind Desert, the Black Peaks--the tallest mountain range in the world--and the bat sh*t crazy nation of Hule beyond the mountains."

"Do you have any questions?"
tumblingdice wrote:Sarras, in answer to Zelaz's question, directs your attention to another map on the table.

"You can't see it here, but beyond the map, to the southwest, is the port city of Slagovich. All the caravan routes across the desert lead here. From Slagovich you can catch a ship to the Savage Coast, or down the Serpent Peninsula. What a city! Anything you want, you can get there. And I mean anything. Sarras slips into a memory that, based upon the look on his face, you're glad you're not privy to.

"Where was I?" he asks, remembering his surroundings. "Right, Slagovich. Forget it! The Master has taken over the city, and all the southern caravan routes. You're stuck going through the Black Peak Mountains, and finding the Great Pass, wherever the hells that is. Unless you got a better idea."

The captain looks to Roikos. "I'm a captain," he declares, "not a mummer. Bishop Guillaume was ranting like a madman. What I could understand, I have told you." Turning to Aristide, he snorts. "Nor am I a gods damned magician, pretty boy. If I could blink my eyes and wish you somewhere, I'd wish myself to some sandy beach in Ierendi, surrounded by topless natives."

Regaining his composure, Sarras continues. "We'll provision you as best we can. Camels, tents, and all the food we can spare. It ain't much, I'm afraid. Pormas here in the village is good with a raft. He could give you a lift upriver, if you want to travel in style."
Missing from all this was Sarras' admonition for great discretion and secrecy. There's also rumors that some caravans are being allowed to cross the desert without being disturbed.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by spanningtree »

Merry Christmas everyone!

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by tumblingdice »

Same to you, Joe, and to all of you as well. We'll pick up the game again in a few days.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#38 Post by connivingsumo »

I hope all of you have a Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday! :D

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#39 Post by greyarea »

Happy Xmas all

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#40 Post by greyarea »

This is a pretty cool map. Thanks for sharing, TumblingDice. I just wish it had the locations for more modules in it. :)

Return to “Master of the Desert Nomads (Labyrinth Lord)”