Out-of-character chat

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

Out-of-character chat

#1 Post by tumblingdice »

You guys willing to handle your own dice rolls? Majority rules on this decision.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

Re: Out-of-character chat

#2 Post by connivingsumo »

I'll go with whatever the group prefers. If we do our own, I presume you want them done via Unseen's die roller?

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by greyarea »

Absolutely! As a GM here I can attest for how much smoother and faster the game goes. There are some times when I roll just to move things along but player rolls are preferred. :)

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#4 Post by tumblingdice »

connivingsumo wrote:I presume you want them done via Unseen's die roller?
Yes. Campaign ID is 610. This will give you access to the handy, tabbed character sheet as well.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#5 Post by tumblingdice »

The Background information thread now includes a relatively brief synopsis of what's happened so far. You're welcome to go back and read the old game thread (all 41 pages of it) whenever you want, of course, but it isn't necessary.

We'll re-start in the next day or so. Looking forward to it...

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#6 Post by kwll »

I don't mind the GM rolling for Tasrem End.

Aren't starting over from where we left the game?

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#7 Post by tumblingdice »

We are, but the pbp section of the Goblinoid Games forums is locked. That's why we're here at Unseen Servant. As luck would have it, I ran this very same adventure on this forum 4 years ago, and it petered out during the very same encounter. I still have access to that forum, so I deleted the old game threads, and here we are.
These are ghouls. They hang out in graveyards, they have long tongues, and they eat people.
"Oh, well, that could be helpful!"
--my five-year old daughter

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#8 Post by greyarea »

tumblingdice wrote:... and it petered out during the very same encounter.
We should report this to Zeb Cook as playtesting feedback.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#9 Post by tumblingdice »

greyarea wrote:
tumblingdice wrote:... and it petered out during the very same encounter.
We should report this to Zeb Cook as playtesting feedback.
I think it's more a case of a DM fail than of anything wrong with the encounter, other than it being a lot of participants.

rredmond
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#10 Post by rredmond »

ToniXX cast the "Raise Dead" spell appropriately I see!
Welcome back fellers! ;)
This is a game about killing things and taking their stuff so you can become more powerful in order to kill bigger things and take even better stuff.
Alethan: I'm good with NOT pressing our luck this time.
mjulius: That's how I know I'm home.
Pulpatoon: The whole point of PbP is to take the scheduling pressure off the game. We're just chatty because we're so eager!
Scott308: ...everyone should be reminded of just how wonderful the people they play games with here can be in real life.
Leitz: Quality and quantity wise, I think US is the best I've seen.
Paladin: I can promise terror, glory, and riches...or a quick and brutal death.
Inferno: Come on! That's was Vicar's Head, a completely different doomed village!
Rex: I can move to the wait list to let someone else into the game.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by connivingsumo »

It was good to read up / refresh on the combat we were in the middle of! Thanks for the link. :mrgreen:

I didn't realize I hadn't given Roikos his 10%XP bonus ~ or did you say NOT to use/do that? I can't remember. :(

For some reason Roikos has no sling/bullets, which is odd; anyway, I'm saying now he wants to construct one and find some stones, or buy one when we're near a merchant.

I think the Roikos character sheet is about ready to go.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by tumblingdice »

Rik, XP bonuses for prime requisites are in effect. You'll apply that bonus to any XP earned during the adventure. The bonus doesn't apply to your starting XP. Make sense?

We'll see about getting you a sling. You won't be seeing civilization again for some time--if ever--but maybe you'll run into a friendly merchant caravan. Failing that, you could always improvise a sling using Aristide's Speedo...

This just in: The Master and his forces have all surrendered. Unconditionally.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by connivingsumo »

tumblingdice wrote:Rik, XP bonuses for prime requisites are in effect. You'll apply that bonus to any XP earned during the adventure. The bonus doesn't apply to your starting XP. Make sense?
Yes it does. I'll reverse the adjustment on my character sheet. :ugeek:
tumblingdice wrote:We'll see about getting you a sling. You won't be seeing civilization again for some time--if ever--but maybe you'll run into a friendly merchant caravan. Failing that, you could always improvise a sling using Aristide's Speedo...
For sure, I was thinking finding 20 or so semi-smooth stones, and using an old bandage/sock/strip of cloth would do just fine for that whopping d4 Dmg. :lol: Although, using Aristide's Speedo is an interesting thought; do you think he would miss it? :lol: I'll go ahead and update my character sheet with the make-shift sling & stones.
tumblingdice wrote:This just in: The Master and his forces have all surrendered. Unconditionally.
:?: :shock: :? Which Master & Forces? I re-read the thread, but only recall "Tiger-guy" and some Orcies.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#14 Post by connivingsumo »

Also, I looked through the combat thread (from Goblinoid) and it looked like we were rested up & Roikos had only used Flame Strike; however, I didn't go back too far. Does this sound right to you, DM? My character sheet has Flame Strike marked as 'used' but I'll make any other adjustments I might be missing. :)

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#15 Post by tumblingdice »

Rik, the Master is the chief antagonist of this adventure, and despite the deployment of Aristide's Speedo, has not actually surrendered. I was speaking in jest.

Flamestrike is the only spell Roikos has used today. Also, you may add a sling and stones to your inventory, after the fight is over. Only Harry Potter can summon a weapon out of nowhere in the middle of a battle.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by tumblingdice »

Since Rik asked about the Master:

A good movie introduces the villain up front, but because an RPG game is not a movie, the old game thread has a cutaway scene introducing the Master and his crazy sidekick Alrethus.

My plan is to post combat round 4 tonight. Just a few more dice rolls...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#17 Post by spanningtree »

Sheet posted. I am fine doing my own rolls, but either way is okay.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by badams30 »

I'm finally here. Sorry for the delay. Thanks to Rik for the link to Aristide's sheet! And just like that, this campaign has a handsome, debonair PC/Player combo in action!

I'm ready!

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:I'm finally here. Sorry for the delay. Thanks to Rik for the link to Aristide's sheet! And just like that, this campaign has a handsome, debonair PC/Player combo in action!

I'm ready!
Uhh... ya! But sans Speedo! Just keep that in mind, Mr. Debonair. :lol:

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by connivingsumo »

badams30 wrote:I'm finally here. Sorry for the delay. Thanks to Rik for the link to Aristide's sheet! And just like that, this campaign has a handsome, debonair PC/Player combo in action!

I'm ready!
That IS a damn fine looking fella, that Vicente! :mrgreen:

Return to “Master of the Desert Nomads (Labyrinth Lord)”