2. The Asanda River (continued)

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 2. The Asanda River (continued)

#61 Post by connivingsumo »

greyarea wrote:Zelaz [...] I say spellcasters in the rocky areas near here spread out so as not to make so inviting a large target, and perhaps one or two of you in your portable ovens meet the oncoming group.
Roikos: Cleric

Roikos nudges Penny while nodding at Zelez, agreeable to the strategy. He chuckles to himself as he trots ahead, "... portable oven."

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#62 Post by badams30 »

Aristide - Rogue

With a flourish, Aristide bows and winks at Taranna and says "I'll be accompanying you anywhere, madame." He pats Max and says "Look sharp, old man! It's time to socialize, show our standing, if you know what I mean. Yes. YES. If you conduct yourself well, I'll give you some extra feed. Honest."

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#63 Post by tumblingdice »

spanningtree wrote:Taranna

Excellent plan... I'll go with the group meeting them.

OCC: Will a detect evil spell work at this distance?
Not yet. Spell range is 60' or 60 yards outdoors, and these guys are probably a good quarter mile away.

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#64 Post by kwll »

"My, my, look what's coming. We've got company!" says Tasrem, happy to see new faces after this long travel seeing always the same people.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#65 Post by tumblingdice »

Taranna, Roikos and Aristide (possibly with his camel) make their way down the slope of the hill, pebbles sliding underfoot (and hoof?) and on to the caravan trail. In the distance, someone in the group point in your direction. After what appears to be a minute's discussion, a dozen or so mounted riders break their loose formation, then trot out to greet you. They stop once they get to within shouting distance.

Greetings! one of them bellows. Even from here, you can see his generous girth and rich attire. The rest are clad in leather armor, bearing shields and spears. One especially tough-looking guy appears to be wearing chain mail, and grips the handle of his sword as it rests in its sheath.

I am Surna Lamshar, from Akesoli, in Darokin, he continues. What brings you out to such a pleasant place here on a fine day like today? The rest of the guards exchange glances. Some fix you with stares. You get the impression they're not as chatty, or fond of irony, as their spokesperson.

Actions? Who wants to cook up a believable story for these clowns?

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#66 Post by spanningtree »

Taranna - Elf

Taranna sits up in her saddle trying to look official, no weapon drawn: I am Taranna Valhoodianna... These gentlemen, (gesturing to Roikos and Aristide) are the great drinkers of ale, with no equal. To be honest... we were looking for water and became misdirected. Can you give us information about this caravan path and where each direction leads? Maybe sell us a couple of skins of water?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#67 Post by greyarea »

Zelaz prepares to fireball the whole lot of them if they make one wrong move...

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#68 Post by connivingsumo »

Roikos: Cleric

The Cleric is uneasy in the palpable tension. He stays up-right in his saddle, but casually, subtly signals to his group "Strike them at range until we can get our weapons on them."

========================
Available Spells
Level 1:
Cure Light Wounds (d6+1)
Cure Light Wounds (d6+1)
Cure Light Wounds (d6+1)
Cure Light Wounds (d6+1)
Detect Magic
Sanctuary

Level 2:
Bless
Bless
Find Traps
Hold Person
Silence 15'R
Speak with Animals

Level 3:
Dispel Magic
Dispel Magic
Striking

Level 4:
Cure Serious Wounds (2d6+2)
Cure Serious Wounds (2d6+2)

Level 5:
Flame Strike

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#69 Post by tumblingdice »

Surna laughs at Taranna's introduction. "Great drinkers of ale! Did you wake up from your carousing and find yourselves out in the desert? Whatever ale you were drinking, share some with us, and we'll give you some water."

Some of the guards chuckle at his comments. They seem to relax a little.

"Well met, Madame Taranna," he continues. "We are headed West, for the port city of Slagovich. Might you be going the same direction? You're welcome to join us, if you like."

Some of the guards exchange uneasy glances at Surna's invitation. Surna looks at the tough guy in chain mail, then shrugs as if to say, "Why not? They look harmless enough."

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#70 Post by kwll »

"West, huh?" shrugs Tasrem. "Is it our direction?" he asks, genuinely interested by the answer.

connivingsumo
Ranger
Ranger

#71 Post by connivingsumo »

The Cleric isn't the best with direction, so he shifts uneasily in his saddle again... for a different reason.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#72 Post by tumblingdice »

OC: The village from which you started was on the eastern edge of the desert, so yes, West is a reasonable direction in which to travel. Somewhere to the west you hope to find the republic army, the great pass through the mountains, and beyond that the Temple of Death. That's your top secret mission.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#73 Post by spanningtree »

Taranna - Elf

Well met Surna, I think we will take you up on your invitation. There are a couple more of our band behind, let me bring them forward. Taranna will wave he hand to let the others know it appears to be safe for the moment and to come forward.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#74 Post by greyarea »

Zelaz appears from his hiding spot. Well met, Surna. You may call me Zelaz.

We do appear to move in a similar direction, at least for a while. What business do you have to the west?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#75 Post by badams30 »

greyarea wrote:Zelaz appears from his hiding spot. Well met, Surna. You may call me Zelaz.

We do appear to move in a similar direction, at least for a while. What business do you have to the west?
Aristide nods politely at Surna and to bookend Zelaz' question he says "There's been a war going on around these parts presumably. Have you seen anything of it?"

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#76 Post by tumblingdice »

spanningtree wrote:Taranna - Elf

Well met Surna, I think we will take you up on your invitation. There are a couple more of our band behind, let me bring them forward. Taranna will wave he hand to let the others know it appears to be safe for the moment and to come forward.
OC: The old hitchhiking trick, which I've never done. Pretty woman stands on the side of the road. When someone stops, all her ugly guy friends tumble out of the woods to hitch a ride, too. :lol:

Your chat continues as you close to within speaking distance, rather than shouting distance. We're carrying grain, dried fruits and fine cloth to Slagovich, Surna says in reply to Zelaz. A city of splendor, wonder, and one hell of a good time.

One of the guard smirks. I'll say. Anything you can think of, you can get it there. The guard next to him chimes in. And he means anything. They both start laughing. The tough guy in chain mail nudges his horse over to them, then, with alarming speed and precision, gives them both a hard smack across the face. That will be all, sergeants, he commands. Move along. They ride back to the main caravan, glancing behind them with fear and rage in their eyes.

Surna gestures towards the man. This is Ahmed Khel, captain of the guard. He keeps order at all costs. Isn't that right, Ahmed?

Khel nods curtly. You got anyone else hiding up there? he asks, nodding toward the rise you just came over.

Surna raises a hand. It'll be fine, Ahmed. He turns his attention to Aristide. We've been fortunate to see nothing of the war, and we hope to keep it that way.

Actions?

badams30
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#77 Post by badams30 »

Aristide - International Man of Mystery

Aristide smiles and nods at our hosts, and with a flourish says "Max! Look sharp, my friend!" And he waits for the others to catch up, choosing to let them do the talking. He does, however glance about to see if any of these folks have any visible items of value upon their person...

kwll
Ranger
Ranger

#78 Post by kwll »

Tasrem is delighted to see new people and start asking many questions about where they come from and what they do in an attempt to befriend them.

tumblingdice
Ranger
Ranger

#79 Post by tumblingdice »

Amongst all the roughneck guards and flabby merchants, one man seems to stand out: a dashing, swashbuckling type. He might even be approachable...

greyarea
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#80 Post by greyarea »

Zelaz looks over the mötley crüe and approaches the dashing, swashbuckling one in as friendly a manner as he can. You seem different than those you travel with. How did you come to be with them?

Return to “Master of the Desert Nomads (Labyrinth Lord)”