Cultist of Utterkell and Tiger Lords

Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

Re: Cultist of Utterkell and Tiger Lords

#21 Post by Tungsten »

The Huge Flawless Diamond exists on the Jewelry tab of the new Gem and Jewelry spreadsheet. It is in a platinum amulet. I thought that 500,500 GPs seemed steep but it was worn by the Cultist, right?
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#22 Post by Agnati »

Agnati wrote:
Tungsten wrote:Before we go selling the Huge Flawless Diamond. Faelwen would like to check if it can aid with any spell casting without being consumed. She sends a Winged Messenger to Falinor in Esterik to ask him this.
Don't take what gems you may see on the spreadsheet as "we have it" fact. I'm testing some things with different gems, like seeing the highest & lowest value of gems and such. I've asked Chris for clarification on the gems in the community chest and will update the sheet accordingly (though any of you should be able to as well.)
Repost!!! lol
This message transmitted on 100% recycled electrons.
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#23 Post by Johnny Champion »

Tungsten wrote:The Huge Flawless Diamond exists on the Jewelry tab of the new Gem and Jewelry spreadsheet. It is in a platinum amulet. I thought that 500,500 GPs seemed steep but it was worn by the Cultist, right?
DM: To be clear...THERE IS NO DIAMOND...FLAWLESS OR DAMAGED...CUT OR UNCUT...

DM: The amulet was used to open the force field. It has not inherent value.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#24 Post by Tungsten »

:P
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#25 Post by Tungsten »

You gotta make sure your DM is paying attention, right?
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#26 Post by Tungsten »

Faelwen and Tungsten wish to convert their GPs to PPs -- by doing so they can reduce 500lbs of GPs to 50lbs of PPs. They also wish to start keeping some gems as well.
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#27 Post by Johnny Champion »

DM: After the victory over the Tiger Lords of the Amoross Forest, the party returns to the village. Meeting with the village leader, Turgeon, the party explains what has happened. Very thankful to the parties’ accomplishments, he offers various gifts of wine and carved figures. They have minimal value. After spending several evenings in Cedarton, the party continues back to Atalon.

DM: Please provide a view of what your plans are at this point?

DM: Since I have provided XP already, please let me know who is leveling up. Be prepared. As your PC's have gained levels, they no longer need the direct teachings/training of the superiors/masters.
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#28 Post by Agnati »

Rickul reached lvl 11. Will update appropriate PC thread

Scratch that. Still working with playtest rules on my character sheet. Per new rules, I'm still 10.
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#29 Post by Rhourk »

Oh crap, I didn't check the new XP table and I updated to 11.
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#30 Post by Rhourk »

I think we agreed to wait on adopting the new XP table until we had an adjustment plan. Chris O. Do you agree?
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#31 Post by Johnny Champion »

Use old XP chart unless new chart has higher values. T
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#32 Post by Tungsten »

When you say use the Old XP Chart do you also mean for us to utilize the Proficiency Bonus Levels and other ability stuff?

It's a hard call to choose because it is not so straight foward:
New has higher XPs all the way to 12th Level. 13th is the same XP on both charts. Then 14 - 20 are lower on new chart.
Tungsten
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#33 Post by Tungsten »

I'm for using one PHB for this kind of stuff. If we're gonna be using the New PHB for spells and gear and newly defined fighting styles, we might as well us it for XP Charts. It all balances out. They did a good job of give and take. It takes Tungsten longer to get to 12th the same to 13th and a little less to 14th, but he won't have Superior Critical (18, 19, 20) again until 15th !!!
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#34 Post by Johnny Champion »

Ok
Johnny Champion
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#35 Post by Johnny Champion »

Rhourk wrote:I think we agreed to wait on adopting the new XP table until we had an adjustment plan. Chris O. Do you agree?
DM: I really don't have a strong feeling. Use new PHB unless there is a major issue. Your choice.
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#36 Post by Rhourk »

A modest proposal (alternatively titled "How we should fucking do it"). The highest level attained before release was 12. In fairness, I say all PCs progress under playtest XP values until 12th level when they then switch to PHB amounts. It makes 12 slightly more of a grind but we are leveling really fast anyway, and 12 is a fun level.

For rules I say get moving to the new rules in every other instance except the above exception. The above exception is simply for how fast you get to 12th level. If you are 11th level you still play your class as written in the PHB and use spells as written in the PHB, etc.
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#37 Post by Agnati »

So you're idea is to play with playtest XP tables up to playtest lvl 12 xp, then use official level 13 target XP level from there?
Meanwhile use PHB skills/spells/etc as rules no matter what level you are?
Agnati
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#38 Post by Agnati »

Back on subject:
Rickul: "Brothers and sisters and lovers (Yes, I'm looking at you, Tungsten), I would strongly recommend us moving toward Falshire, with all due haste, to look into Dorian's possible disappearance. As a fellow Ranger of Nouveau, it is likely he can shed some light on the rumors of evil in the region and possible sightings of anything.... unnatural. I've been told that he hasn't been heard from in quite some time, which is very unlike him, and he would make a great ally and a very useful set of eyes and ears in this region if we are to tame it."
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#39 Post by Rhourk »

Agnati wrote:So you're idea is to play with playtest XP tables up to playtest lvl 12 xp, then use official level 13 target XP level from there?
Meanwhile use PHB skills/spells/etc as rules no matter what level you are?
Yes.
Rhourk
Pathfinder
Pathfinder

#40 Post by Rhourk »

Lumiere immediately replies, The Ranger's of Nouveau are great allies already (she nods at you Rickul), and their troubles are our own. I will accompany you in this, and I second the urgency in your tone.

"Of course we will do whatever we can to find or save your comrade, and baring that we can always avenge him. Kaleb gives a shrill whistle and the air before him swirls and a great black warhorse forms where before there was nothing. The horse stamps his massive front feet and snorts before calming down and lowering his head before Kaleb. "Meet Artex, he says he's ready to go, and he's pretty smart, for a horse." (that's right I'm a Paladin!)

Return to “Black Obsidian: D&D Next”