12 - Fight in the Forest

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

Re: 12 - Fight in the Forest

#161 Post by ylinett »

Garl regains motion and rolls over. He coughs a bit and works his fingers and arms. Eventually he speaks " Let's get out of here."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#162 Post by ravenn4544 »

roseheart

save vs. spell (10): [1d20] = 6

That would put him at 2/14hps if a loss of 10.

We can take all the magic stuff we don't need and sell it and upgrade!

good job!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#163 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella drinks a healing potion and burps a bit with the last of it. Yeah, let's get out of here.

Tella will take anything that looks of value off the dead fat man and into the chest. Picking up one side of the chest: Who wants the other handle?
When we get close to town we should see if we can rent a cart or something to take it to the apartment, under cover. No need for the watch or neighbors seeing it.... perhaps cronies of the recently dispatched.

Healing potion: [2d4+2] = 5+2 = 7
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#164 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble moves to Roseheart and uses some divine healing on him.
Cure Light Wounds[1d8] = 4
Cure Light Wounds[1d8] = 3
Cure Light Wounds[1d8] = 6
"That aught to help you Roseheart. That was all my personal healing spells I had prayed for today, come lets grab our things and the loot and get back to Waterdeep."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#165 Post by Darkmane »

Wrap Up

After searching and collecting all the items from the battlefield, you are forced to leave the area, due to the raging forest fires. Dark clouds in the distance, mean that the fire will likely be put out by a rain later this afternoon, but that is still a while away.

You head back to Waterdeep, a journey that takes two days and gives you some time to reflect on your adventures. While you couldn't save those trapped in the Fat Man's castle, you stopped a major player in the evil trade down in that city. The magnitude of your accomplishment starts to set in as you get closer to Waterdeep.

When you arrive in the city, and look over the loot, you realize that you probably have millions of gold pieces worth of treasure. Such a large amount of loot will actually be pretty hard to unload.

***Everbody level their PC to the next level up. You guys got so much experience, it would be more than enough to level***

After taking the time to have your items checked out, you gained the following:

-Wand of Conjuration
-Wand/Rod of Paralyzation
-Ring of Protection +2/+1 to saving throws
-Silver Dagger +1 (a slivery alloy that is much harder and sharper than pure silver)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#166 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Back at the apartment, with her comrades in arms...

I don't think we should talk openly about what happened for a bit... we could draw some very nefarious attention. I am very proud of what we accomplished but taking credit too early could result in our deaths... or worse. In fact, we might want to find a task... mission that takes us out of WaterDeep for a bit.

Looking at the chest.

I for one would to lay low for a week to make some purchases... I do have interest in the Fatmans's wand... Shrugging.

Looking at Roseheart.

On second thought I think we should leave the book of magic we acquired in SkullPort in the apartment, we don't need the funds and if one of our books should be lost for any reason it would be a welcome friend.

OCC @ Darkmane: Been playing this thread for four years! Great GM! Time moves slow here on the forums...

GreyWolfVT

#167 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I quite agree on the laying low part. I myself plan to buy little to nothing, pay my usual tribute to the local church of Gond and do nothing more than my usual shopping of minor daily food."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#168 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:
spanningtree wrote:Tella - Elf Mage

Back at the apartment, with her comrades in arms...
... In fact, we might want to find a task... mission that takes us out of WaterDeep for a bit.
Vek nods girmly and croaks to his friends. "Ready when you are.
Then, cracking a bleak smile: "I'm grateful to all of you for humoring my... single-mindedness on this job. I shouldn't be the one to choose the next mission.
"But I will say this, to those motivated by profit: it turns out that murdering powerful evil people pays handsomely."

That night, alone in his room, Vek prays for the first time in a long time. The condemned soul seeks absolution for the many evil deeds he has committed in the cause of good.

Vek will abide with the majority on what the party does next.

DM: How do you want us to handle purchases of new magic equipment?
Fyi, In addition to a +2 magic ring of protection, given everything that's happened, Vek will continue to get equipment that emulates the ability of a true paladin:
He already has a holy-enough sword, and healing potions.
So maybe something that Detects Evil. Maybe something that Dispels Magic. Maybe something to defend against Undead. Stuff like that. Thanks.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#169 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I had a single mindedness in that mission as well however there are two things still plaguing my mind about it. First is Forest and whatever befell him. Second is that we were not able to rescue the children. I desperately wanted to save the children. I too would not mind getting out of Waterdeep. I've always wanted to visit Candlekeep, though there are other locations on the sword coast that hold interest to me as well."

personally I don't care what we do. Also I may well sell off some of the other items Glimble doesn't use much.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#170 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka:

"Good point Glimble, what about Forest? We don't know what happened to him. We should at least make an effort to find out. If he still lives we should give him aid."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#171 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

I agree, we should look for him... maybe we act like we are returning to SkullPort in search of the Fatman again.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#172 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:
GreyWolfVT wrote:Glimble "I had a single mindedness in that mission as well however there are two things still plaguing my mind about it. First is Forest and whatever befell him. Second is that we were not able to rescue the children."
Vek nods. "If we are to free the children, the sooner the better. The Fatman's Keep is without leadership, for now."
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#173 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I agree Vek. However one concern is that the skulls may well be looking for us. I don't think we can survive a battle with them."

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#174 Post by ylinett »

Garl adds "Perhaps we can use some form of divination to check on his well being?"

GreyWolfVT

#175 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Correct you are Garl. I'll see if there is something the church of Gond can do for us in that manner. I'll return with news once I have some. I'll bring maybe one of the gems/jewels as donation to the church if nobody minds."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#176 Post by Darkmane »

Several OOC Topics - big post:

(1) Hot darn! 4 years of Undermountain! I almost can't really believe it - time moves too fast in the real world sometimes. And only one way...

(2) On that topic, I'm considering advertising a Supers Game (Icons/Fudge RPG) on this forum in the near future. I'm planning just a single adventure, probably 6-9 months, but it does mean that my posting rate may drop down on Under Streets of Splendor a bit while I'm getting that one started (if people even sign up to play).

(3)Treasures + Magic: there are no formal magic shops in Waterdeep... however, the Mages guild is a good spot to try and get magic items on their little trading post, or you have heard of 2-3 enchanters in the city, which may be source of custom or specific items. The prices are high for magic, but you are in possession of millions of gold worth of treasure, so you may be able to trade for some pretty nice things. Here is my quick stab at magic item allocations, based on what I was seeing?:

(3.a) Wand of Conj and Paralyzation - Roseheat and Tella (one for each?)
(3.b) Magic Dagger (Garl? - right now he doesn't have a magic weapon, this one is magic and silver alloy so it could be useful for backstabbing werewolves, etc...)
(3.c) +2 Ring/+1 saves - Enoka? She tends to get in the fighting once in a while, so an extra boost on the AC side could be useful Or Enoka could go with the dagger, and Garl with the ring?

There would still be enough money left over to buy a magic shield, or armor, or another magic ring for Vek, and maybe use lots of gold to try and unlock the secrets of Glimble's staff -- you know that is an artifact with the gods know what abilities but so far you haven't been able to crack its secrets? IF there is anything left after those two purchases, you could get more minor items, like additional rings of protection, or minor chanted blades? Both Enoka and Garl would each benefit from magic weapons.

(4) Divinations: Meanwhile, Glimble takes the jewel to the church of Gond and is able to secure a master of divination. The diviner is able to find Forest's spirit, verifying his death, and allows Glimble to communicate with him a few times. He gets nothing of value, except a certainty that Forest is dead.

(5) Up next?
(5.a) So -- you could head back into the dungeon and resume your delving. There are other sections of Undermountain to explore, a red dragon down there if you wanted to poke at it ;)
(5.b) Or you could look for adventure in the north? You've heard more rumors of a plague of red dragons to the north of waterdeep, and to the south you've heard tales of a Necromancer who has been searching catacombs up and down the sword coast for some kind of artifact that he belives will give him untold power, and allow him to unearth secrets buried for thousands of years. Things that are probably better left buried. You bumped into some of his forces in the dungeons south of Waterdeep a while back, and you are hearing even more rumors about him. Hordes of undead roaming the grasslands to the south, starting to gather with purpose. Devils or demons haunting the local villages, and things from the sea crawling out upon the shores. There is plenty of adventure beyond Undermountain if you wanted to try something different.\
(5.c) You could head back to Skullport, although you really smacked the bee-hive and upset their fragile truce, so folks or things might be looking for you now...
(5.d) You've heard of a church of Oghma called the Spirit Soaring, led by a very powerful cleric of knowledge, and some other libraries in the north and in Waterdeep, those would be great places to start if you want to try and unlock the secrets of Glimble's magic staff.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#177 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella will nab the wand of conjuration. She will make her way to the mages guild with anyone that might want to accompany her. Fer herself sh would like to have the following done:

1) Identify how many charges are left in the wand, potentially get it recharged if it is low.
2) Inquire regarding the availability of following:
---a) Ring of spell storing
---b) Amulet of fireballs
---c) wondrous figurines or ioun stones

She'll take a large, 10,000gp, gem to cover any expenses.

OCC: I would vote for 5b, going south to see what is going on there, since we already started it. What is a "Super Game"? You have me intrigued.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#178 Post by Darkmane »

Supers = superhero RPG - I'd like to try out the Icons Assembled book I've had for a few years, but never used. It is based on Fudge which is one of my favorite rp systems. Icons uses a semi-random roll method for hero creation (similar to the old Marvel Roleplaying Game which I never got to play), and is kinda like a beer and pretzels superhero roleplaying game (unlike Champions, or Mutants and Masterminds, or Gurps Supers which are very rules heavy).

Roll me a d100 for your success at the Mages Guild.

How will you guys handle the money split? Does each PC want to take 1/6? Or do you want to do something like;

200k if you don't take a magic item, and 150K+ Magic Item if you took one

200+200+150+150+150+150 = 1000k gold, and it makes sure everybody gets a pretty fair split of the treasure.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#179 Post by Inferno »

How many millions in gold and gems are there?
200k if you don't take a magic item, and 150K+ Magic Item if you took one
The wands are worth more than a +1 dagger. Can we please get actual prices for these items to make an equitable division of the loot?
Sorry, I only have the 1e books, so I can't look this up myself.
DM:

Player: