11-Skullport-Trip 2- After the Fat Man!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 11-Skullport-Trip 2- After the Fat Man!

#481 Post by ravenn4544 »

Nice knowing you Forest :). buh-bye! :)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#482 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: The skulls remind me of Rick and Morty: "Show me what you got?!?". Time to get schwifty Forest!
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#484 Post by Darkmane »

Forest and the Skulls - round 1

Weaving through the fleeing masses, Forest charges forward at the weaving and bobbing skulls. He takes a swing at the first one near to him, and actual connects!

His sword hits something and it sends a bit of jarring force up his arm like he struck stone or metal!

People are laughing and running, the thin man that Forest saw fighting the skulls, has now bared vampiric teeth. He transforms into a larg bat and begins flying upward with some of the skulls chasing him.

Only two of the skulls turn their attention away from the thin man , and the wanton crowd slaughter to face Forest.

The skull that Forest hit, blinks away, and then snaps back forward, biting him with cold teeth! (4 damage)
The other skulls begins swarming toward Forest with rapid silent flight, its eyes turning multiple shades of color as it zooms closer and closer!

(Roll a saving throw vs magic)

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#486 Post by Darkmane »

OK Forest, you can act this round. You have two skulls on you right now and successfully hit one last round. The vamp wizard has the others occupied.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#487 Post by Darkmane »

group - - meanwhile in the heart district , the bulk of the party gathers themselves. Another fireball lit the cavern , a few minutes ago, exposing briefly the tangle of buildings and catwalks with distant orange glow. Strange amber magical lights crackle in the darkness over the area you fled, and the whole of the trade district is being covered in smoke and mist.

This rare light, also gives you an idea of the size of this place. It must be over a mile long. Adding to the strangeness is that you hear a constant babble of distant laughing split periodically with screams and crashes, and the cracks of thunder.

You are getting close to the Fat Mans keep, but Vek and Forrest haven't yet rejoined you.

Vek -- finally your burden begins to stir. You set to your dark work, quickly, with the hope of still catching up with your party.

Ooc - vek-inferno- let's skip the details of the interrogation, to keep it suitable for the Unseen Servant boards. I'll assume you cut the mans thumb and he spills his beans. The man is a cowardly guard qith no allegence anyway. You can ask your questions.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#488 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

"Good," snarls Vek. "There is only one devil you need fear. And I am he."

"Where is your boss, the fat wizard?

"Having been attacked, where will he go now? What will he do?

"What's his real name?

"What do you know about him?

"Is he human?

"What is his weakness? How do I kill him?

"How do I get inside his keep, avoiding its defenses?

"Is there a secret underground passage?

"How do I avoid the undead in the keep? Is there a sign or symbol they must be shown to be allowed to pass?

"What does the "H" mean?

"What's your name? What are the other guards' names? What's the guards' password?

"When does the Fatman regularly leave the keep?

"What magic or weapons are in the keep that I can use to kill the Fatman?

"Draw me a map of the keep.

"Where are his treasure vaults?

"Where are the slaves held?

"How many slaves are there now?

"How many are children?"

DM: Will Vek fit into this man's armor and clothes?
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#490 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka:

"Where's Forest, Vek, and Garl? Did anyone see what happened to them?"

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#491 Post by Darkmane »

In a wet, reeking, alley quite close now to the heart district, Vek drops the man skittering into the sludge and begins his interrogation. The sounds of the magical battle crackle in the distance.

There is only one devil you need fear. And I am he."

"Where is your boss, the fat wizard?He's probably gone back to his keep, he comes and goes by magic all the time. I don't think he really is fat though. Let me live sirrah and I'll tell you more!

"Having been attacked, where will he go now? What will he do?I don't know the mind of a wizard, but I think he slipped back to the keep during your attack. He just disappeared! He has a creature he made from sewing together corpses, he will be with that!

"What's his real name? none of us know it, but I think it starts with an H.

"What do you know about him? I know very little, but he is definitely a wizard, and I don't think he really is fat, his true appearance changes all the time. He uses illusions and alterations switching skin like you would a cloak.

"Is he human?in that I'm pretty sure, I once heard him talking to his his second, and I think he lives up in water deep. This is like his secret kingdom of slaves below.

"What is his weakness? How do I kill him? If you could get pas his magic, he is a regular human I think. Just put a sword in him.

"How do I get inside his keep, avoiding its defenses? that H you took from me will stop his wards from working,
and prevent the zombies from attacking you.

"Is there a secret underground passage?there might be, I wasn't allowed in the cellars with the slaves,
he has separate guards who work in there. Some other might be slaves as well. The never seem to leave.

"How do I avoid the undead in the keep? Is there a sign or symbol they must be shown to be allowed to pass?

"What does the "H" mean?the H can get you through the wards and undead

"What's your name? What are the other guards' names? What's the guards' password? my name us Ulcer, but I went by iceflow in there,
we all used nicknames. There were only 10 normal men guarding upper levels, what you will find there now is only orcs, and maybe that creature and the Clerk. The clerk herlps the Fat Man with his gold. A skinny little runt, but smart, might be a wizard too, but I've never seen him use magic.

"When does the Fatman regularly leave the keep?he almost never here, the clerk mostly runs the show. The fat man arrives, sees to his harem,then lords around like a king!

"What magic or weapons are in the keep that I can use to kill the Fatman?none that I know of,
the fat man keeps all of his secrets to himself, maybe the Clerk would know. Who are you people, why did you attack us?

"Draw me a map of the keep. ooc, Ill draw one for you.

"Where are his treasure vaults? somewhere below, I wasn't allowed down in there.

"Where are the slaves held? in the lower levels,

"How many slaves are there now?there must be over 100,
I'm not sure on the number

"How many are children?"
there aren't a lot, those are considered special by the Crow, he sells them quick

Ooc - DM: Will Vek fit into this man's armor and clothes? you might be able to make them stretch,
but you are a bit bigger. His clothes arent very distinctive though, just regular plate armor.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#492 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble tries to reply to Enoka "I don't know with all the excitement where Vek and Forrest went, Garl wasn't even with us he went off his own way remember?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#493 Post by Inferno »

Darkmane wrote:Let me live sirrah and I'll tell you more!
"Tell me more and I will," Vek lied. "What else should I know?

"The "H" that I took from you, it allows one man to pass, or a group?

"Every guard has an "H" that they carry? Orcs too?

"This "H" is magical? Or any letter "H" can be shown?

"Does the "H" ward off the sewn-together corpse creature?

"Waterdeep?"
Vek grunts, trying to think of any wealthy men or nobles in Waterdeep whose name begins with "H."
Anything come to mind, DM? Thanks.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#494 Post by Darkmane »

Let me live sirrah and I'll tell you more![/quote]
"Tell me more and I will," Vek lied. "What else should I know?

"The "H" that I took from you, it allows one man to pass, or a group? It only allows one to pass,
I don't think the orcs ever leave or perhaps they enter from below or by a gate.

"Every guard has an "H" that they carry? Orcs too? . only the guards in the keep, not the orcs or the guards who work below.

"This "H" is magical? Or any letter "H" can be shown? I think it is magical, I don't think any H would work.

"Does the "H" ward off the sewn-together corpse creature? no that thin only listens to the Fat Man or his Clerk.

"Waterdeep?"
Vek grunts, trying to think of any wealthy men or nobles in Waterdeep whose name begins with "H."
during your stay in waterdeep you heard of the Hawkwinters,
the Hunabers, and other noble houses with H names. You don't know a lot about any other or the guilds.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#495 Post by Darkmane »

Forest and the skulls - round 2

Forest swims and misses that same Skull, and it bobbles just out of reach.

The larger skull joins this one and they both stare poor Forrest down. He sees a flicker around them a quick surge of amber energy.

- Roll 2 saving throws

OOC - Forest could try and play dead or something, if they don't truly kill or disable him this round? These things seem disinterested in the whole affair, it could give Forrest a chance.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#496 Post by Inferno »

Vek shoves the "H" beneath his breastplate, re-gags the guard, and murders him in cold blood.

He blinks for a moment. Then he cuts off the bindings and gag, and empties the man's pouches and pockets to stage it as a robbery. (Does he find anything? A key ring?) Then Vek throws garbage over the corpse.

The devil in the service of angels leaves the scene of the crime, racing to catch up with the others at the Fatman's keep, careful to avoid the territories of mad cackling he heard before.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#498 Post by Darkmane »

Vek turns over the mans pockets looking for anything of value, all he has is 50gp.

He then sets the scene and with one last look, at the slimy alley, turns and begins walking with had toward the rendezvous.

Vek comes up to the group a few rounds later and is able to communicate with them. Now everyone is there except Forrest, Garl is somewhere nearby -- but invisible :)

Meanwhile, after missing the skull, one of their eyes got all funny again, twisting with color, but Forest shrugged it off. That is when disaster strikes! Unseen bonds of force crawl through Forrest's limbs and body holding him fast!

Over the next round or two Forrest was expecting death, but instead he got much worse, the skulls came forward and whispered to him. They wrap him in layered enchantments of madness and control, his mind is stretched, bent, and finally broken.

Time flows by.

The street is empty except for the skulls and their servants. Forest is now one of them. The holding spell releases, and forest knows he has work to do.

The whispering told him of certain places to dig, things that might be found, and locations in the extreme dark. Forrest releases his sword with glee upon his face, and he walks into the dark with a song in his mind. He has found his true calling...

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#499 Post by Inferno »

Vek regroups with the others in an alley near the Fatman's keep. His broken voice quietly croaks everything he's learned:
Darkmane wrote:"Where is your boss, the fat wizard? He's probably gone back to his keep, he comes and goes by magic all the time. I don't think he really is fat though. Let me live sirrah and I'll tell you more!

"Having been attacked, where will he go now? What will he do? I don't know the mind of a wizard, but I think he slipped back to the keep during your attack. He just disappeared! He has a creature he made from sewing together corpses, he will be with that!

"What's his real name? none of us know it, but I think it starts with an H.

"What do you know about him? I know very little, but he is definitely a wizard, and I don't think he really is fat, his true appearance changes all the time. He uses illusions and alterations switching skin like you would a cloak.

"Is he human? in that I'm pretty sure, I once heard him talking to his his second, and I think he lives up in water deep. This is like his secret kingdom of slaves below.

"What is his weakness? How do I kill him? If you could get pas his magic, he is a regular human I think. Just put a sword in him.

"How do I get inside his keep, avoiding its defenses? that H you took from me will stop his wards from working,
and prevent the zombies from attacking you.

"Is there a secret underground passage? there might be, I wasn't allowed in the cellars with the slaves,
he has separate guards who work in there. Some other might be slaves as well. The never seem to leave.

"What does the "H" mean? the H can get you through the wards and undead

"What's your name? What are the other guards' names? What's the guards' password? my name us Ulcer, but I went by iceflow in there,
we all used nicknames. There were only 10 normal men guarding upper levels, what you will find there now is only orcs, and maybe that creature and the Clerk. The clerk helps the Fat Man with his gold. A skinny little runt, but smart, might be a wizard too, but I've never seen him use magic.

"When does the Fatman regularly leave the keep? he almost never here, the clerk mostly runs the show. The fat man arrives, sees to his harem,then lords around like a king!

"What magic or weapons are in the keep that I can use to kill the Fatman? none that I know of,
the fat man keeps all of his secrets to himself, maybe the Clerk would know. Who are you people, why did you attack us?

"Draw me a map of the keep. ooc, Ill draw one for you.

"Where are his treasure vaults? somewhere below, I wasn't allowed down in there.

"Where are the slaves held? in the lower levels,

"How many slaves are there now? there must be over 100,
I'm not sure on the number

"How many are children?"
there aren't a lot, those are considered special by the clerk, he sells them quick
Darkmane wrote: "The "H" that I took from you, it allows one man to pass, or a group? It only allows one to pass,
I don't think the orcs ever leave or perhaps they enter from below or by a gate.

"Every guard has an "H" that they carry? Orcs too? . only the guards in the keep, not the orcs or the guards who work below.

"This "H" is magical? Or any letter "H" can be shown? I think it is magical, I don't think any H would work.

"Does the "H" ward off the sewn-together corpse creature? no that thin only listens to the Fat Man or his Clerk.

"Waterdeep?"
during your stay in waterdeep you heard of the Hawkwinters,
the Hunabers, and other noble houses with H names. You don't know a lot about any other or the guilds.
Vek doesn't share the fate of his information source. No need to burden his friends' souls with his evil acts. They aren't already damned like him.

"Glimble, the Fatman can assume any shape. Can you please Detect Evil upon all of us to make sure we haven't been inflitrated?" Vek asks, wishing not for the first time that he was a true paladin.

(Assuming no surprises...) He then rasps, "We should strike now, while the Fatman is still on his hind foot. I can phase inside with my potion and let you in. Ready?"
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#500 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka:

"If the fatman can assume any shape how will we know him?"

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”