9 - Undermountain Trip 5

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 9 - Undermountain Trip 5

#401 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Hearing Garl, Enoka and Isabella take up their quest(s)... suicide missions... whatever... makes Tella smile widely. Of course an equal share to all. Hearing Roseheart confirm The Friendly Flounder makes her expand on her current predicament: The odor that is now haunting her being mixed with the smell of oily battered fish and crustaceans... this may not end up well... best keep drinking. Ja, let's get something to eat and drink. We can discuss next steps. Perhaps the lot of you have some leads of your own?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#402 Post by Darkmane »

You make your way to the flounder and find that they also had a few outdoor tables, and since there is a bit of chill to the air nobody else is outside right now. The street traffic near the docks has died substantially as it grew dark. You light a few torches, and after speaking with the tall skinny waiter, your table is soon brimming with pitchers of golden beer, fish, softsheel crab sandwiches, and piles of hearty black bread, garlic butter, and corn.

The torches help a bit with the cold (2gp for the food and torches so far) and you are able to taslk without many people around.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#403 Post by hedgeknight »

Isabella Hawkwinter

Isabella eats and drinks and then eats some more. "I love good food!" she says, licking the butter off her fingers. Truly, she has little table manners > talking with her mouth full, laughing loudly, and belching in satisfaction. After finally pushing back from the table, wiping her hands and mouth on the table cloth (or hand towels if provided), she looks to Tella. "Honestly, I have no leads at all about what lies below this great city. My only lead was the tugging of my heart directing me here. Tyr led me here, as Bralm led Enoka. Never a bad thing to have a couple of gods on your side, eh?"
Winter is coming...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#404 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Feeling better with a large stein of been in one hand and a thick piece of bread on the other: Ja, not a bad thing at all. We have leads a plenty to keep us mired in tempting the fates.... As far as I can tell, please correct me if I misspeak Roseheart, Vek, but we have three immediate possibilities. We could keep delving the Undermountain without looking for the wyrm or more signs of the sinister Fatman, this would be a purely exploratory path. Not necessarily safer. Taking a sip of beer. We could go after the wyrm. This would likely also entail more orcs, not a problem, and encounters with hostile mages, maybe a problem. With a slight shrug. Or, return to Skullport and assault that Fatman in his dwelling.

Finishing her piece of bread and taking a large gulp of beer: If I had my druthers and a good plan I'd put in for the wyrm. Our last encounter with the wyrm was not well planned out and more of a spur of the moment attempt to see if we could take it down. The results were quite decisive. I don't pretend to have expertise in this area but perhaps together we could hatch such an assault. It's taken some of our comrades and presents the most immediate threat to the city. Perhaps if we approach the city council they may be able to lend us assistance of some sort.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#405 Post by Darkmane »

OOC -

Thanks Tella! I was going to summarize your choices, but you did it handily!

So what are you guys thinking?

1. Continue to explore Undermountain, looking for new areas, adventures, and treasures.
2. Take on the dragon with an organized attack plan.
3. Go after the "Fat Man" and his slavery ring.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#406 Post by ravenn4544 »

#1 and finding another way to defeat dragon wizards or the fatman

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#407 Post by ylinett »

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#408 Post by hedgeknight »

Isabella Hawkwinter

Gnawing on a piece of black bread, Isabella says, "Who is this fat fellow you are talking about? Is he really fat or is that just a title? He some kinda gang leader or something?'

OOC > I'm up for either or all the above. Figure we can do a couple at the same time.
Winter is coming...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#409 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

He's actually a thin mage of some decent power. He has connections with the drow in skullport and we've run up against their like while delving. Putting down her mug. Perhaps we should try a delve together as a group to see how we work together as a team, a bit of a kick the wagon wheel? We can all meet in two days at the Yawning Portal, in the morn, and make out way down into the Undermountain. How does that sound?

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#410 Post by Darkmane »

I think with one more vote to just do a dungeon crawl through the well, you will have a majority vote

Background info - you guys still have large holes in you map directly south of the well, and there are some unexplored areas off the large hallway of statues to the north. Finally, there is a whole unexplored section to the west as well. You've filled in the eastern three blocks if the dungeon (NE, E, and SE = mostly orcs and a dragon) pretty well now.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#411 Post by ybn1197 »

A human man with short reddish-brown hair and a beard approaches the table boldly, a tankard full of ale in one hand. "Begging your pardon, I could not help but over-hear your discussions about entering Undermountain in two days time. I would be most appreciative if you would allow me the honor of accompanying you." He ends his request by taking a healthy draw from his tankard.
Last edited by ybn1197 on Mon Mar 28, 2016 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#412 Post by ylinett »

Garl looks at the stranger "Who might you be, and what do you have to offer in the dark?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#413 Post by hedgeknight »

spanningtree wrote:Tella - Elf Mage
Perhaps we should try a delve together as a group to see how we work together as a team, a bit of a kick the wagon wheel? We can all meet in two days at the Yawning Portal, in the morn, and make out way down into the Undermountain. How does that sound?
"Sounds like a plan. Two days gives me time to check in at the local House of Balance, plus pick up any supplies we may need."

Isabella raises her tankard in salute to the group and then gulps it down...followed with a belly belch and a smile. When the new fellow walks up, she sizes him up and waits for his answer to Garl's questions.
Winter is coming...

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#414 Post by ybn1197 »

"Ah!" he says lowering his tankard and realizing he has your attention. "My name is Steth Dunolbo, late of the Waterdeep watch. What I can offer is a strong sword arm, a solid back and an unerring ability to hit my target in the dark." He takes a swig from the tankard. "And I mean that literally. Many's the night I spent on watch duty."

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#415 Post by ylinett »

Garl nods and looks to the others, clearly he has heard everything he needed to.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#416 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage
hedgeknight wrote:
Perhaps we should try a delve together as a group to see how we work together as a team, a bit of a kick the wagon wheel? We can all meet in two days at the Yawning Portal, in the morn, and make out way down into the Undermountain. How does that sound?
"Sounds like a plan. Two days gives me time to check in at the local House of Balance, plus pick up any supplies we may need."

Isabella raises her tankard in salute to the group and then gulps it down...followed with a belly belch and a smile. When the new fellow walks up, she sizes him up and waits for his answer to Garl's questions.
Tella will return the salute and follow up with a deep drink from her stein. Seeing the new gent approach she will also listen. You sound like a good fit for our delve Steth. We are still trying to figure out if we can stand each other for more than an hour. Meet us at the Yawning Portal , in the morning, in two days. In the mean time, sit down and help yourself to some beer and seafood.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#417 Post by Darkmane »

Ok- I'll be making up a new thread for this delve, keep RP going here for now. I'll kick start the new trip tomorrow or Thursday.

Any plan for which area to head for when you do go down?. I've recently updated the maps thread:
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=2471

The area directly south of where you enter is still unexplored (map 1), and also lots of paths off the hall of statues, location 10, map 4.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#418 Post by ylinett »

Garl will want to detect noise and move silently/hide in shadows. So whichever way give the best cover and sounds most promising.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#419 Post by ybn1197 »

Tella will return the salute and follow up with a deep drink from her stein. Seeing the new gent approach she will also listen. You sound like a good fit for our delve Steth. We are still trying to figure out if we can stand each other for more than an hour. Meet us at the Yawning Portal , in the morning, in two days. In the mean time, sit down and help yourself to some beer and seafood.
"Why thank you." Steth pulls the offered chair out and takes a seat, setting his now nearly empty tankard on table. "Tell me what you have discovered and what I may find myself up against. I have heard many the tale but most sources are hardly worthy of placing confidence in."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#420 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella will repeat what she told the other new folks to Steth pausing to let Roseheart and Vek inject details.

--Edit: for spelling (auto check) error.
Last edited by spanningtree on Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”