9 - Undermountain Trip 5

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 9 - Undermountain Trip 5

#381 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:
ylinett wrote:A small figure clad in dark leathers and a collection of leather straps ending in metal rings looks up from his drink. Pale of skin and long of beard this Dwarven looking Halfling asks in a deeply accented voice "Vek?"
"Yetibane? Is that you? I thought you were dead," the grim warrior smiled. He roughly shook hands with the Furchin and introduced him to Tella and Roseheart, and explained, "Before I failed as an adventurer, I failed as a sellsword. That's when I knew Garl here...
"Where have you been?"

DadsAngry wrote:Enoka Farore:
Enoka looks to the hafling "You known this man? Interesting."
She rises from table and extends her hand out to Vek. Her movement cause a millepede that was resting on her fingers to scurries under the cuff of her shirt.
"My you sure look strong. What large muscles you have. Enoka, Enoka Farore." She says with a smile.
"Vek," he grunted, and awkwardly shook Enoka's hand. Raised in a monastery, Vek knew little of the ways of women, even when they weren't covered in insects.

Eager to reset the table, Vek nodded at Isabella's suggestion. "Let's go."
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#382 Post by ylinett »

Garl flips his empty mug upside down on the table. Scattering a few copper he pops down off the seat. Leaving the bar he says "Down. Sometimes longer, sometimes deeper, but always down. You?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#383 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Good to meet you Garl, Enoka and Isabella. She will say with a curtsy. She will then bring here sleeve up to her nose in an attempt to block the odors, pukes into her mouth a bit but swallows it back down. She will hold her tongue concerning the smell and locale for now...
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#384 Post by Darkmane »

Do you guys want to head to the dock ward? There are a few bars there with outside tables.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#385 Post by Inferno »

ylinett wrote:Garl flips his empty mug upside down on the table. Scattering a few copper he pops down off the seat. Leaving the bar he says "Down. Sometimes longer, sometimes deeper, but always down. You?"
"The same," Vek rasped as they headed to the dock ward.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#386 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka Farore:

Enoka goes along with the others but unsure what their displeasure was with the establishment. She thought it to be quite cosy and didn't notice any offending odor. (nose blind)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#387 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Yes, the dock ward sounds good, fresh sea air.... Not sure where the offending odors are coming from she makes for the exit with some slight urgency.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#388 Post by ylinett »

When they arrive Garl pops up on a seat and raises two fingers to summon a drink for him and Vek. As he sits and drinks he asks "So what is it that you need us for?"

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#389 Post by hedgeknight »

Isabella Hawkwinter

Isabella follows the others, taking care not to walk downwind of Enoka; she will find a seat upwind of her as well. When they settle in, she orders a pint and looks out toward the deep water bay. She nods at Garl's question and waits patiently for an answer.
Winter is coming...

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#390 Post by Inferno »

Vek's cracked, broken voice says to Garl and Isabella, "Roseheart and I were the lone survivors of a party of adventurers. We joined up with Tella's crew, and then they all got massacred except Tella. ...We need new adventurers."
Vek took a drink. "And now you can't say you weren't warned."
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#391 Post by ylinett »

Garl swallows his mouthful. "Great pitch, sounds appealing. Do you have anything specific or is it purely speculative?"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#392 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart smirks at his long-time friend when responding to Garl, "Don't let him scare you - much... wait 'til hes in one of his moods - then ya ought to be careful. Helluva sword to have at your side though. Tella, too. Seen her send bolts of energy from hell itself. Took out a group of Nasties i wouldn't want to face alone in a dark alley.." He raises his mug to his comrades.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#393 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Realizing some of the smell has definitely followed them to the dock district she resigns herself to taking a seat and ordering up two pitchers of ale for the table(s) and a tumbler of something not unlike vodka for herself. We have been delving the undermountain for quite some time now and happened upon some clues pointing us to some kind of sinister entity calling himself by an odd name that will be disclosed in a more private setting.... this entity is kidnapping human kinder from the streets of Waterdeep and taking them to Skullport for sale as... that can only be guessed. We took it upon ourselves to reconnoiter Skullport in person to see if a solution to the issue might be found but that led to us reassessing the strength of our party and subsequent return to Waterdeep. We did find the lair of the entity but the defenses were what is to be expected from the sorts that inhabit Skullport. Taking a draw from her glass. We decided upon return to follow up on an encounter we had had with a wyrm in past delves. We found the wyrm and lot of orcs. A lot of the orcs perished but the wyrm took three of our comrades. To be clear, the wyrm is of the red fire kind. A mature one with a very mature mound of loot. To add a flare of oddness to this encounter there is a group of local mages that seem bent on caring for this wyrm and changing it to a draco-lich. Arching an eyebrow and taking another slug while smiling. Like the wyrm would not have been a tough enough nut...

OCC: Let me know the cost of the refreshments.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#394 Post by ylinett »

Garl finishes his drink and pours another. "Don't like the sound of any of that; but as long as I get a full share and can walk away when I choose I am in."

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#395 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka Farore:

"I've heard rumors of this Undermountain. They say it is a vast maze of underground tunnels, filled with foreign raider that roam the depths, destroying the careful balance of it's ecosystem. It is the reason I have come to Waterdeep. Bralm called upon me to restore the underground to it's rightful inhabitants. To restore her children's home. Whatever is your quest I will aid, as long as you do not seek to destroy the endemic creatures of their environment unless they upset the delicate balance we wish to establish. From the your stories it sounds like there is much to be purged before balance can be achieved. I my not be as strong as some" she looks to Vek "but Bralm has imbued me with her wisdom and will. I am a vessel to achieve her goals among mortals. Woe to you, oh earth and fire, for the Bralm sends the chosen with wrath, because she knows the time is short. Let him who hath understanding reckon the chosen one, for she is the servitor of the plane of earth. Praise Bralm in all her wisdom."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#396 Post by Darkmane »

You guys found your way to the dock ward, and found an outdoor table at a modest bar named the Hanged Man. Tella looks toward the sea and remembers that a few years ago she landed in Water deep not too far from here, and once she came to this bar with another group of adventurers....she grips her vodka a bit tighter in the crisp cool fall wind which is pushing of the sea.

hedgeknight
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#397 Post by hedgeknight »

Isabella Hawkwinter

Isabella lets the cool breeze blow through her hair and refreshen her nose. She listens as Enoka extols the virtues of Bralm and nods smiling at her companion's devotion. When all is quiet, she says, "My family has old roots in Waterdeep and even though I am from a distant branch of that tree, I come also to bring justice and balance. Tyr guides me and beckons me serve him in this. You have my thanks in allowing us to...die along with you."
She smiles and laughs, raising her mug.

Isabella laughs again and says, "Now, where can a girl get some food in this ward? I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead horse."
Winter is coming...

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#398 Post by ylinett »

hedgeknight wrote:Isabella Hawkwinter

Isabella lets the cool breeze blow through her hair and refreshen her nose. She listens as Enoka extols the virtues of Bralm and nods smiling at her companion's devotion. When all is quiet, she says, "My family has old roots in Waterdeep and even though I am from a distant branch of that tree, I come also to bring justice and balance. Tyr guides me and beckons me serve him in this. You have my thanks in allowing us to...die along with you."
She smiles and laughs, raising her mug.

Isabella laughs again and says, "Now, where can a girl get some food in this ward? I'm so hungry I could eat the ass end out of a dead horse."
Garl winces. "Had to do that once, not as pleasant as you would imagine."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#399 Post by Darkmane »

The Hanged Man is a gathering place for poets, scriveners, writers, calligraphers, and other literary folk, and is a good place to hear a tale. The patrons tend to smoke pipes, snore a lot, and to be hopelessly behind on everyday news. A waitress has been serving you drinks at the picnic table so far, but if you stay much longer you might become lost in the pipe smoke of your elders ;)

They do have some food at the bar, meat sandwiches, etc... but you are also a couple of blocks away from one of the best, cheap, seafood places in the city The Friendly Flounder, they serve amazing black bread and golden battered fish, and some of the best golden beer in the city. It is a little spartan but a good place to eat and talk without being disturbed. You can get fish, crab, and lobster, fresh from the sea, everything caught a few hours before it is cooked!!!

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#400 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart nods decidedly - "The friendly flounder - there can be no other choice.."

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”