8-Undermountain Trip 4 - SkullPort

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

8-Undermountain Trip 4 - SkullPort

#1 Post by Darkmane »

Starting a new topic for the trip into SkullPort once we finish the RP in our last thread.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: 8-Undermountain Trip 4 - SkullPort

#2 Post by Darkmane »

The Way to Skullport

After completing all of your activities in the city, you head back to Sixth Scents candle shop and give the keep 1000 gold to transport you to Skull Port. She takes you into a back room of the shop, and then through a small panel door that was covered by a curtain, then down a brick hallway, to a sturdy oak and iron door, which she opens with a key she produced from somewhere. You step into a huge brick room filled with identical mirrors. Each mirror is perhaps 3 feet by 7 feet, standing taller than most men. There are mirrors over all of the walls, and mirrors forming a maze through the center of the room. Some of them are covered with cloths but most are uncovered. Each frame is carved of rich dark wood and guilded with gold, copper, and silver paints which give them an interesting look, and one that is familiar. These mirrors look similar to the mirrors you saw in a hallway in Undermountain...

There are two figures in plate mail moving about the room, switching the position of mirrors. They don't stop as you come in, instead they continue to shift mirrors about the room. This must be some kind of protection from anyone but the shop keep knowing which mirror is the real gateway. There are many candles lit in the room, and the reflections of the light in hundreds of mirrors give the whole place a warm, if dizzying, glow.

She leads you to a specific mirror and then says a couple of quick words in front of it. The surface of the mirror ripples for a moment and then it looks like the mirror darkens, muting out the candlelight from the room. She turns to your group, and says, "Good luck adventurers, this is your way..."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Darkmane »

OOC - Do you guys enter into the gate?

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#4 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

Vek looked at Tella for confirmation that she trusted this woman wasn't sending us into a deadly trap... other than Skull City that is.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#5 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart utters 'Umm, can we go tomorrow? I'd sure feel better having time to refresh my spells before plunging into the unknown...."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#6 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack lets out a sigh. "Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more. You have not experienced that play until you have seen it in the original Dwarven." Cormack then steps through the mirror.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella shrugs: It's a gate to somewhere. She will say to Vek as she steps in.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#8 Post by Inferno »

ravenn4544 wrote:Roseheart utters 'Umm, can we go tomorrow? I'd sure feel better having time to refresh my spells before plunging into the unknown...."
Darkmane, you said the timeline was loose with candle shop and block party. Are Roseheart's spells reloaded?
I don't know why I'm asking, other than Vek's comradery for Roseheart.
:)
Last edited by Inferno on Fri Oct 02, 2015 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#9 Post by ravenn4544 »

Inferno wrote:
ravenn4544 wrote:Roseheart utters 'Umm, can we go tomorrow? I'd sure feel better having time to refresh my spells before plunging into the unknown...."
Darkmane, you said the timeline was loose with candle shop and block party. Are Roseheart's spells reloaded.
I don't know why I'm asking, other than Vek's comradery for Roseheart.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

"Wait? Where are we going?" he says as he steps through the mirror.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Darkmane »

Yeah I'm playing it really loose with the RP timeline, you guys are all rested, and have any potions, and spells, and even candles if you decide to purchase them right now.

And now with the teleporting:

You step forward toward the rippling surface of the mirror and for a second you think your boot will knock into the glass. However, suddenly there is a shifting feeling a bit like falling, and then you are plunged away from the room filled with mirrors/candles and whooshed away into the dark. As your eyes adjust, your nose fills with strange smells. Dirt, deep earth, sewer smells, cooking food, smoke, the filth of people penned into a cramped space.

As sight returns you find yourself in an alley of sorts. There are a few doors in front and behind you, and there is a filthy trench running through the center of the street you stand on. Above you, there are people walking back and forth along swinging rope balconies that connect at least four or five more levels above you together. This street connects with others in a network that rises in a spiderweb tangle up and in every direction about you. It is like a bee hive of brick buildings shoved into a cave. Torches, and the rare lantern cast dim light into the street you are standing in, but everything is a haze of shadows and glimmers of light off the shiny street muck. There is a strange echoing murmur that fills this underground city, the collected, reflected sounds of the inhabitants living, and dying in the near dark. A far-off scream pierces through the murmur and then dies out quickly.

From a box, off to your left, comes a light cough. Looking over you see a dwarf, of strange coloration and garb, sitting on a pallet and drinking from a bottle. He looks at the lot of you then with a gruf wheezing voice, coughs out, "How much is it going to cost you for me to keep quiet."

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble the gnome looks back at the dwarf talking and asks "About what my dwarf friend?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#13 Post by Darkmane »

About the teleport you just stepped through, um sure somebody 'd be interested in that!

The dwarf takes a swig out of his bottle and continues to stare at you all.

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble stepping out of the way a bit the gnome continues chatting with the dwarf "Nonsense I'm sure it is a known location. Seeing as it was a paid service."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

It would cost about as much as your life is worth to us.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

"Ha Ha Ha Ha. Oh you dirty sewer rat, you've had to much to drink. You saw nothing and if you did who would believe you? But I pity you gutter goblin. I grew up with your kind and know the hardships. How much for your silence, then? A cooper? No no no." he shakes his head "A copper wouldn't get you a drop, a silver it must be." Nodding his head and reaching into leather pouch from which laid beneath his layer of leather protection. He pulls forth a shiny silver coin. It dances through his hand, twirling around his fingers, sparkling, catching the light when it can. "It has a lovely sparkle. Don't you think? This here will buy you a flagon of meager mead, which is all you really deserve. Ganon gestures to toss the coin to the dwarf but does not. "But I do pity you so that I will give you an underserved prize." Once again he draws forth from the same leather pouch. This time he pull out as platinum coin of similar size. "It looks like silver. It has the same sparkle, and shine but it's platinum. Much more valuable. Even more valuable than gold. This will by you a bottle of elven wine. The lowest kind, for anything greater would be lost on your palette." Ganon then thrusts the coin into the dwarfs hands, invading his personal space, getting so close that the dwarfs alcoholic breath mixes with Ganon's as he speaks. "Drink well and say nothing."

— Message for DM Only — no peaking please
What Ganon really did was he palmed the silver coin in his hand and switch it for the platinum.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#17 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

Vek was about to say to the dwarf, "Are you actually making a case for why we should kill you?" when Ganon started his fast talk. By the time Ganon was done, Vek could only smile. He was ready to give the thief a platinum himself!
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#18 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble the humble gnome priest of Gond "Very well Ganon do as you wish. I'm ashamed that so many of you would go right to threats like that. But it is what it is I suppose not much a gnome like myself can do about it. Ganon my appreciations I'd have paid yon dwarf but only once he saw the error of his ways." the gnome winks showing that he was about to actually pay the dwarf but Ganon beat him to it.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by ylinett »

Brother Thorax having prepared himself mentally and physically for the journey lowers his helm and securing his holy symbol out of sight steps through the mirror. Nearly the twin to Cormack bedecked in his black armor the mini-juggernaut surveys the alley in this wicked place. He pays no mind to the dwarf and passes him as the others deliberate. Out into the street and then taking in his surroundings. There is so much work to be done here, but for now he will keep to their original objective. Without a word he lumbers on either in the direction one of the party assumes or simply at random if the party follows instead.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#20 Post by Darkmane »

The dwarf takes the platinum coin from Ganon, sniffing it, and then satisfied laughs a wheezy coughing chuckle and then picks himself up and starts off into the dark of the alley, without another word.

With the strange dwarf leaving you, you have a choice of heading in two directions. One path seems to take you toward the back of the very large cave that houses the city, and the other way will bring you toward more alleys that seem to weave toward the tallest point in the ceiling.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”