8-Undermountain Trip 4 - SkullPort

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 8-Undermountain Trip 4 - SkullPort

#221 Post by Inferno »

Well, it was nice gaming with you all! ;) :D
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#222 Post by Inferno »

DM, Can Thorax and Vek separate from the others and plan the party's invasion of the Fat Man's lair? :)
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#223 Post by GreyWolfVT »

If they do we may want to give them their last rights before they leave.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#224 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart stares at Vek a bit frustrated, "Vek, my man, I know you are eager to tackle the demons inside and out - and the Fat Man makes a helluva target... but let's think about this, first, ya know? How about you bring that big brutish sword arm of yours with us... maybe you just need to blow off a little steam and hit something. Hard. Ya know, the loot these guys have been talking about would surely go a long way to help gearin' up for a raid against the fat man's house, ya know? C'mon, Vek, whaddya say?"

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#225 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

The former hero grinned wryly to Roseheart and gently rasped, "Friend, lies don't become you. We needn't more funds to enter the Fatman's lair with stealth and guile. But we DO need more funds and equipment to face a dragon.

Vek turned to the others and grimly croaked with his cracked voice. "Both of our choices offer us the chance to hit something. Hard.
"Both choices offer the promise of reward,"
he said looking at Ganon the thief.
"But only one will help the innocent children of this settlement. Only one will enable us to do something more than simply line our own pockets.
"I've fought alongside you. I know most of you consider yourself to be "good." Now's your chance to actually act that way. Live that way. These chances don't come along often. Trust me,"
the failed paladin said, glancing at Thorax. "I know. Seize this chance now. Join Thorax and me. Aspire to be a hero. Not merely a scavenger. Or a mercenary."

"Your job doesn't need us. You just need another scavenger with a sword. You can find plenty of those in the taverns here. And in Skullport.
"But our job requires heroes. Those are rarer. Harder to come by. We need you.
"Are you not "good?""
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#226 Post by ylinett »

Thorax adds his weight. "Do you know where this Dragon is? Do you know what kind of Dragon? And what treasure is there that you want? What has been deemed not good enough for the parties that have been there first? Something clearly so trifling that they would mention to strangers that it was left. Or maybe there is no easy trasure. Perhaps this is a ploy to send fat morsels to their doom.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#227 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

"Well Thoarx, I'm not exactly sure where this dragon is. I know the general area and who has heard of a poor dragon, right, right." Ganon chuckles a little but then get very serious as Thorax questions sink in. "What wait, there are different kinds of dragons? I though all dragon were the same, big scaly lizards with hoards of treasure." Ganon then turns to Vek. "Listen Vek, I don't want to loose you or Thorax. The Fat Man has a network established underground. We know that Skullport is somehow connected to Waterdeep through the labyrinth below. Now something is going on down there. For some reason the traffic going down has dropped off significantly. People are scared to go down below. How long before the creature from below start rising up and infiltrating the city? The only reason they have not done so yet is because groups like us keep them a bay. Vek you want to protect the city from the likes of the Fat Man. Image if an army of Fat Men rising out of the sewers because people refused to keep evil below at bay. You ask us if we are good. Well I am good. But to be completely honest Skullport scares me. Those flying skull, its strange inhabitants, it's lack of light, and that fortress. Vek I'm not a warrior. I've never fought in a battle among great armies. I'm just a son of a failed merchant forced to fend for myself when I was abandoned by my family. I never really had a family. Well that was until…" Ganon turns a way from the group, keeping his face out of view "… until I met all of you. You recused me, gave me a home, money in my pocket and a chance at life. Nobody did that for me before. I'm afraid we won't make it back from Skullport. We have no friends there, no place to escape to, no way to make it back... home."

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#228 Post by ylinett »

"Sure, there are lots of kinds of Dragons." Explains Thorax. "There are Dragons with wings and legs. They breath fire and eat burglars. There are Dragons with no wings, but legs. They walk as if flying through the air and eat burglars. There are Dragons with wings and no legs. They also fly and breath lightning...and eat burglars. Lastly there are those with no wings or legs. They swim through the water...and eat burglars.". Now Thorax looks serious. " I know you are no coward and would willingly face the certainty of death to win the glory of having perished while battling the beast...but think of the children. What would it have been like if you could have gone back in time and saved yourself? You have the chance to do that for someone who is just like you were. Give them the chances you never had."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#229 Post by Inferno »

"Fear is real, but you don't have to let it guide your life," Vek's cracked voice rasped to Ganon. "Skullport is no more dangerous than a dragon's lair.
"And we have allies in Skullport. Altos and his company at the Deep Fires. If we promise them a share of the Fatman's treasure, we'll have a network of warriors and spies, familiar with Skullport, at our side.

"Who are your allies in your quest to chase the rumors of a dragon?
"And what larger purpose does it serve?

"I'll never be a paladin. I know that now."
Vek glanced at Thorax once more. "But I also know I'll never be a mercenary again either."
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#230 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Turning back to the group and nodding his head he speaks. "Your right. I'm being selfish. I'm looking out for myself again and not thinking of others. I'll go with you two. It's better that I die for a noble cause then gold in your pocket that can't be spent. Gimble, Tella, Cormack, Rosehart I'm sorry I can't lead you to the dragon's lair. I need to help others as you have done for me. Vek, Thorax what's the plan?"

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#231 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart shrugs his shoulders, "sounds like a death-wish..."

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#232 Post by ylinett »

"We keep saying Army. This is not a job for an army. This is one for a small group of heroes.". Thorax looks meaningfully at Tella, Roseheart, Glimble, and Cormack in order. " We need a diversion. One that provides cover, bit does not bring the city down on us. No fire either, innocent captives could be killed. Once the diversion is going we need to gain access and quickly and quietly infiltrate the base. We travel through either undetected or we killl everyone we encounter before an alarm is raised. This is of course unlikely and then we get the Fat man... ". Thorax sihhs deeply..." But that will not work and we all know it. No, there is only one way to do this. We must lay in wait and ambush him. One strike of overwhelming speed and ferocity. Either as he enters or leaves his fortress. There must a a time that the goes through the door and does not teleport. That is the only way."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#233 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart sighs deeply..."Not sure if you guys are being 'passionate' about your ideas - or simply fanatical... I can't forget the fact that you saved my ass more than once Vek..." Roseheart looks to the group urging for a trip into the Underdark, and resigns, "I guess I'm with them... the Fat Boy it is.."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#234 Post by Inferno »

Vek grins and claps Roseheart and Ganon on their shoulders.

"Sounds good, Thorax. I think we also should engage Altos to see what intelligence he can provide."
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#235 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble having ignored all of the prior conversation being as he just got back from his church/temple of Gond having learned more of the new magical staff. "Whats going on? You guys make up and decisions yet? I found more out about my new staff and boy is it good news other than that I didn't learn much about skullport and I've decided that going back to undermountain is my next move."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#236 Post by Darkmane »

OK! After a bit of back and forth, it seems like you've decided on re-entering SkullPort and taking on the Fat Man? Some really good RP there - "do it for the children!"

Now, down to business, what are your first steps?

1. How do you plan on re-entering Undermountain? The Candle Lady? Or try to find a smuggler who will get you into the underground channels?
2. Any other actions before heading down? OR items to be purchased?
3. Thorax hinted that he might want to talk to Trevor Irlingstar to see if he knows anything.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#237 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart would love to find a shop that sells cheap healing potions or items of protection - he thinks they're gonna need 'em....

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#238 Post by ylinett »

Thorax will go to see Trevor. Tella, Roseheart and Glimble why don't you see if there are any magic items we can procure to help. Vek and Cormac maybe you guys can check and see if there have been kids dissapearing and where. He isn't going to stop, he likely just had to move his operation. Perhaps we can catch a worker bee and persuade them to talk. Ganon, why don't you see if you can discreetly scrounge up and rumors or legends about the place, person, or equipment that can help us.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#239 Post by Inferno »

"Sounds good," Vek rasps to Thorax. He'll join Cormack in seeking out news of more child disappearances.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#240 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Tella will make her way to the mages guild. She will engage with her ilk at the library to try and ascertain what magic items are for sale and there prices.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”