7-Undermountain, Trip 3: Gratecrashers

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 7-Undermountain, Trip 3: Gratecrashers

#721 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

Vek is self-aware enough to know that his nature, and his face's ruinous appearance, doesn't nominate him as the best candidate to lead subtle inquiries and negotiations. He left it to others better suited to diplomacy, and took up a watch post near the door.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#722 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella will look at the wares for a moment and then engage the proprietor in elvish with a nod and smile: Do any of your candles produce more than light? Say, other effects such as incantations or the like?
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#723 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

From out of the crowd Ganon appears with an overflowing mug of a very odiferous alcoholic beverage and a half eaten turkey leg, a good portion still on his shirt. He spots Vek standing rigitly in front of a candle shop.
"Vek!" he calls out lifting his hands up to signal his presence spilling ale as he does.
"Vek, what are you doing? You look like your on guard duty. Have a drink, indulge yourself in the celebration." He holds forth his mug.
It's clear Ganon has been indulging.
"Where's Tella and Roseheart? I thought I saw them floating about. Those crazy wizards, am I right?"
Ganon then silences himself with a large bite of turkey followed by ale.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#724 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

"Tell me about it," Vek repies with a wry grin. He moves Ganon away from the candle shop, walking with him down the street, listening intently to the drunk thief on their way to get Vek an ale and a turkey leg.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#725 Post by ravenn4544 »

OOC: Roseheart would like to buy 3 healing potions if that is still available.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#726 Post by ybn1197 »

Feeling decidedly out of place, Cormack will stay by the door while Tella engages with the woman. When Ganon approaches, Cormack simply cracks a smile at the man's inebriation. With Vek following Ganon to partake in the food and ale, Cormack will take Vek's place keeping an eye on the inside of the store as well as the outside.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#727 Post by Darkmane »

Roesheart - yep, you guys spent like ~15 weeks or something during this outing, so everybody can purchase some if they like. I'm playing it fairly loose on when all this block party and candle shop stuff happens during your downtime.

Tella - The lady responds in Elven, "Yes, several of my candles may produce mild effects. I've been audited by the Watchful Order and they can attest that I have no harmful magicks in any of my candles. You may purchase healing or protection candles if you are interested?"

There is some clanking and crunching of turkey legs from outside the door. Tella and the lady look out but see only Cormack at the door, who give them only the briefest of shrugs.

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#728 Post by ravenn4544 »

OOC: Thanks. I'll take 4 of the 2d4+2 healing potions (300gp x 4 = 1200). 1800 remain for other potential purchases...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#729 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Continuing the conversation. Very nice, my friends and I have heard that you may have a way to get us to Skull Port... is this true?

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#730 Post by Darkmane »

There is no response for a moment, it is as if she did not hear you. The show owner continues walking toward one of her shelves of candles, the title on the shelf says healing. She turns with a strange look upon her face, before continuing in elvish.

You must know that if you have come to steal it, you will be disappointed. I have many protections over the way, over myself, and over my store. Enchantments upon enchantments.

She stiffens up, smiling a bit again and adopting a businesslike approach once more, and continues in common.

I didn't think you were here for candles, considering the size of your group and your bearing. I do have a way to that place, a one way door. If you pay me 2000 gold pieces I will transport your entire group, but know this... it is a vile place, full of wickedness, filth, undead and other evil things not worth mentioning. And I do not have a way to get you back. If you go down there, you will have to find your own way out.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#731 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Also continuing in common and arching her left eyebrow at the cost: Please do not doubt my honor, the word "steal" is not part of my vocabulary. I am an invoker in good standing with the guild, was asked on this eve to assist in the protection of this city if needed. My friends have honorable intentions also, else I would not be with them. We are seeking an individual that is kidnapping from these very streets and have chosen to bring this person to justice.... otherwise we would not be entertaining the idea of finding our way to Skull Port. Since you have no way to bring us back we will likely need coin to purchase our return once we get there. Could I ask you to lower your price to 1000 rounds of gold? Perhaps I could make up the difference with my own research or knowledge of the arcane? Maybe something else we can help you with? Tella will say with her arms relaxed and hands calmly knit before herself to create a feeling of calm in the room. We give ourselves to this effort without the promise of reward.

Charisma roll for the haggling, Tella has a 14 charisma:
Charisma roll: [1d20] = 8

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#732 Post by Darkmane »

The shop-owner seems to relax a bit at Tella's words,

I'm sorry, I meant no accusation. I've had two armed groups try to take the way, and I could plainly tell that you were adventurers. Your request is reasonable, I'll drop the rate to 1000gold this time. I may need wizardly aid at some point during the development of one of my candles. If you survive the trip into the depths below the city, I don't doubt that you could help. I'm a competent enchanter, but at times, it is helpful to have a blend of magic when cooking up a new batch. You don't appear ready for the journey right now, come back when you are equipped and I will show you the way.

I'll give you one more piece of advice, if you have a few gems, there are river boat captains down there, smugglers mostly, but a few of them aren't half bad. If you pay them enough, and find one that isn't a backstabber, they might be able to bring you out through the hidden water paths that connect Skullport to the Ocean.

*Ok boys, you've found a lead, and a way into SkullPort/Skull City. Were there any last items to finish before you head down? I'm assuming that Thorax and Cormack finish Glimbles chain armor? Give me a d20 roll for that.*

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#733 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon is good to go, once he sobers up and changes his shirt.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#734 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack will also purchase 4 of the healing potions.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#735 Post by ylinett »

Thorax among the other things he has to finish worked on the armor.

url=http://www.unseenservant.com/default.as ... 80&macid=0]Glimble's Armor [1d20] = 7[/url]

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#736 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart will certainly require some time to rest and study his spells before heading into the unknown.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#737 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella let's the party know the cost will be 1000 gold. She will then visit the mages guild and put in an inquiry for a ring of protection to see if anyone is willing to sell something.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#738 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Thank you Thorax for making me the armor. It will benefit me greatly."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#739 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart approaches the shop keep before leaving, "Could you explain a bit more about your protection candles you speak of? Would one of these work in the heat of an unplanned encounter in Skull Port, let's say, or would they need more thoughtful preparation before being of use? Would be intrigued to hear more, Kind Lady."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#740 Post by Darkmane »

Hey guys, I've been flat out, I'll try to post tomorrow or the next day.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”