Please move the posts to here.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 6- Resurfacing (RP in Waterdeep)

#2 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

To the group at the bar:
We should meet back here tomorrow night and divvy up the loot. I will value the items I have with me and return with either the item or the gold value of it.

Tella returns to her room at the apartment and changes clothing. From there she will make her way to a high end bath house and take a pampered bath (1pp). Returning home she will rest. The next day she will take the cloak, ring, book, letters and ink to the mages guild. She will inquire about identifying the obviously magical items. She will ask Mhair to take a look at the letters and book after explaining their encounter with the dark elves. Do you think our encounter was a minor one? Is there something potentially more sinister afoot?

OCC: 1pp deducted for the bath house. Could the ink found be used to scribe a scroll or two?
Last edited by spanningtree on Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#3 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon returns to the apartment with the small chest concealed under his cloak so it does not attract attention along the way. Once safe in his room he removes his cloak and lays it flat on the floor. He then places the small chest next to the cloak, unlocks it and places each bag on the cloak. He carefully opens each bag and pours its contents out into little piles. He methodically counts and examines each coin and gem for flaws or any other imperfection that would cause the item to be devalued. He will note the value of the contents and place them in his larger more secure chest that he keeps in room. He keeps the party's treasure safe until everyone comes together to divide the spoils. Ganon will examine the smaller chest and test it's structural stability to see if it's secure enough to hold on to.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble is now level 6 added HP and the one additional spell he gained.
Glimble already having taken what he was interested in. "Sure Tella, what about our new companions though they have no room with us. I am glad to share mine if anyone wishes to partake of my offer. I spend more time at the temple of gond building things and improving my weapon. I'd be happy splitting it all up at home if that is alright with the others." he adds as he is headed out the door.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

With the party treasure safely secured Ganon is going to withdraw 300 gp from his savings and go shopping. He shops for a green Scholar's robe, sandals, a journal with 50 pages, two bottles of ink, one black, one light blue, scented bath oils, a rucksack, and crutches.

He will spend the next three days recalling the layout of the dungeon he just left and map it in his journal in light blue ink and make any notations in black ink. The next two day he spends memorizing it. Walking it in his mind over and over. The last night of his studies he baths with the scented oils covering up his normal stench. The next morning he dons his newly acquired Scholar's robes and sandals and heads to the Yawning Portal with his journal and a piece of charcoal from the kitchen fire. He also brings with him one of the crutches. When the Yawning Portal is in sight Ganon leans on the crutch and make use of it, all the way inside the establishment.

Inside he engages anyone who looks like they are headed down the well or adventures that are returning. He will be generous with buying drinks to help loosen lips. He will ask past explorer to tell him stories of below but he will alway have them start from the well's entrance and make them tell it step by step and turn by turn. Cleverly goading them to unknowingly helping him fill in the gaps in his map. If anyone asks his reply is that he is just a simple scholar with a lame leg looking to record the events of what happens below. Ganon will also offer to purchase maps that appear to be more complete than his own or show areas not on his.

Ganon will spend the rest of the downtime hanging out in the Yawning Portal, recording stories from anyone who is willing to tell, writing down rumors and over heard conversations, count the number going down the well and coming back up. After each day of note taking, each page is carefully removed from the journal and placed in the small chest in Ganon's room. He'll do this for 6 day out of the week. On the 7th day he studies his weekly notes and consolidate them and puts them to memory. Any pages that are no longer of any use are burned.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#6 Post by Darkmane »

When you return to the apartment there are 6 fancy invitations stuffed under the front door. Looking at hem you see rich blended inks and colorful designs, each individually drawn but all blending into a theme. The event is a birthday party for Lady Irlingstar, two weeks out from now. There are invitations for 6, each of you can also bring a guest.

On the third day of being home, Wally shows up in the early morning, with a strong knock upon the door. He hands a bleary eyed Glimble a basket, says "thank you from parents" and runs away.

Glimble pulls back a cloth and inside are muffins and freshly baked bread! A half dozen fresh eggs, and a small tin of cream!

Each day after that, Wally, or another boy shows up with breakfast or other baked goods. You find out that Wally's parents are bakers, and this is their form of thanks, fresh bread and muffins! In addition, one of the days Wally loiters after the delivery, and tells you guys that he was abducted off the street and dragged into the underworld. The monsters didn't put a sack over his head for a while, so he could show you to the entrance. He has already put street code up telling other kids not to go near...

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Darkmane »

Treasure Update after appraisals and Tella pays for magical item identification (1000gp cost)

*Small Chest containing:
-1 bag with 200pp
-1 bag with 150gp
-1 bag with pearls (100 pearls, 10gp each, 1000gp total worth - deducted to pay for identify)
-1 bag with moonstones (25 stones, 100gp each, 2500gp worth)
-1 bag with bloodstones (35 stones, 100gp each, 3500gp worth)
-1 bag with a small glass flask (Oil of Elemental Resistance, magic item)
-two diamond earrings (appraised at 100gp total)
-fine silk scarf of cobalt blue (looking closely there is a bit of heraldry on the scarf?)
-Tella (fine ink and quills, worth 200gp)

-platinum ring (drow priestess, ring of mind shielding)
-black spell book (latched, black leather bound)
-dark cloak (unknown material) - magical, but begins decaying shortly after being brought to the surface)
-bean (spider egg?) - magical - glimble

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble takes the strange bean/egg to his order to have it investigated further. Aside from that he learns what he can about the hand crossbow very interested in the smaller weapon and tries to work on finding a reverse for the poison on the bolts also looking to get more ammunition made for his arquebus and mentions to his order the idea he had for making a permanent silence spell on the weapon as it is far too loud in the under mountain maze.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#9 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

OCC:
So, let's jsut sell everything that has an immediate gold value. That leaves 6650GP with a share of 1108GP, 3SP and 3CP going to each member of the group. That leaves the Ring of Mind Shielding and Oil of Elemental Resistance open to whoever may want them. The cloak will decay in a day or so, it's lost. Someone like Vek, that is familiar with heraldry, may want to look at the scarf.

Tella takes her cut of the coin loot as well as the black spellbook.

ICC:
I would like to see if there can be use for this black book of spells, if there is Roseheart and I will copy over the useful incantations.

Tella will ask Gannon if he could check the Drow spellbook for traps: Gannon could you look this book over and let me know if any traps or other insidious contraptions infect it?

OCC: Coins added to inventory, dungeon loot subtracted.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#10 Post by ylinett »

Thorax will retire to the Tavemple in contemplation. He will practice, train, drink, and pray. He will also spend a say enchanting a few pebbles. One one he will cast continual light, on the other continual darkness. When the spellbook is discussed he will offer to cast Find Traps on it, and when money is divided he will suggest that Vek and Roseheart be given full and equal shares. As for the magical items he will suggest that Tella deal with them as she thinks best.

Additionally Thorax will begin looking around to find other Priests to people his Tavemple.

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#11 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack is now 6th level. Hit points rolled and added, THAC0 changed. Nothing else changes for a 6th lvl fighter.

Cormack will spend his downtime prior to the party training and drinking (not necessarily in that order.) During his free time, he will be going about town in the dwarven areas, talking up Thorax's tavemple.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#12 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Nodding at Cromack's comment: Yes indeed, they do deserve a full share.

Arching an eyebrow to Thorax: Yes, it you can detect traps on the tome I would appreciate it. She will say placing the book on the floor.

OCC: The amounts I gave for the coins above assumed a full share to everyone.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#13 Post by ylinett »

Additionally one day Thorax wil cast detect magic on his collected goods. Specifically the gauntlets and ring.

GreyWolfVT

#14 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I think the ring would be best for a spellcaster that has to memorize spells daily where as us clerics just pray for them no real thought required so Tella should take the ring. Aside from that I don't need anything. If I take that large a cut in coins most of it gets donated to my church.

Glimble will take his cut of the coins and look into buying some items that might better aid him next time they encounter whatever adventures they venture into next. Then pay for another rent depending upon how long they have already paid for. Finally donating most of the rest to the temple of Gond and a portion to Thorax and Cormack's temple/tavern. Glimble also intends to sell some of the unused stored items he has no further interest in using or keeping.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#15 Post by Darkmane »

There are 7 of you now, so your split will be a little less ~950gp each.
spanningtree wrote:Tella - Elf Mage

OCC:
So, let's jsut sell everything that has an immediate gold value. That leaves 6650GP with a share of 1108GP, 3SP and 3CP going to each member of the group. That leaves the Ring of Mind Shielding and Oil of Elemental Resistance open to whoever may want them. The cloak will decay in a day or so, it's lost. Someone like Vek, that is familiar with heraldry, may want to look at the scarf.

Tella takes her cut of the coin loot as well as the black spellbook.

ICC:
I would like to see if there can be use for this black book of spells, if there is Roseheart and I will copy over the useful incantations.

Tella will ask Gannon if he could check the Drow spellbook for traps: Gannon could you look this book over and let me know if any traps or other insidious contraptions infect it?

OCC: Coins added to inventory, dungeon loot subtracted.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#16 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

OCC: Whoops, your right. Divided by 7 the loot comes to 950gp/person (6650/7). Sheet amended.

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

if memory serves me didn't we used to have some sort of bank or group loot pool? I never added any prior treasures to my sheet aside from items i can use.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Darkmane »

Thorax's find traps spell does detect a magical trap on the spellbook which will be activated if the book is opened... it also has a mundane lock, which would be a non-issue for Ganon to pick before breakfast.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#19 Post by Darkmane »

Glimble - viewtopic.php?f=117&t=3315

This apartment thread has lists of stuff that you guys have left there.

I also record all treasure in my XP and Treasure thread but not what happens to it later (after somebody takes it).

Now, we've covered most of the buying and selling stuff so there are 3 different RP things going on:
  • Ganon is going to stalk the Yawning Portal for a week and gather intelligance.
  • You have a party to go to! Thrown by the Irlingstars (will you attend? What will you wear? Will you bring dates?)
  • Wally has offered to show you another way into the dungeon, a route that most people don't know about (will you take him up on his offer?)

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble will buy a nice suit to wear to the party. He also will take up the offer for the alternate entrance to under mountain.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”