6- Resurfacing (RP in Waterdeep)

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

Re: 6- Resurfacing (RP in Waterdeep)

#21 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack will buy some fancy duds to wear to the party. He also expresses interest in this alternate entrance.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#22 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

After the book is checked for traps and the lock is bypassed Tella will inspect the books contents.

If no one else is interested in the Ring of Mind Shielding, Tella will take it (if someone has interest speak up, she's not glued to it).

Tella will go out and buy formal robes for the party. Spending 10pp on the garb.

OCC: 10pp struck from sheet. Spells re-learned.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#23 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble specifically looks to get a suit like this one
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#24 Post by spanningtree »

^^^NICE! Super swank!

OCC: Is it just me or did we lose a couple of newly added players?

GreyWolfVT

#25 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yeah they both went on vacation from what I recall.

I'd love to get something like that for real ;)
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#26 Post by Darkmane »

Yeah, Vek and Roseheart's players are both on vacation right now. It kinda works out, since they wouldn't be invited to the party :)

Ganon -

During your week at the Yawning Portal you begin to realize that while adventurers gather there every day, drinking and talking tough, almost nobody goes down the well. There were a group of young fools that paid to get dipped down in ther, hung out in the sand room for a bit and then came back up. They stood down there shaking in fear with swords raised the entire time.

In the end three groups went down the well on real adventures. The first stayed down there over night, the company of Purple Flame, two warriors, a rogue of some sort (maybe a bard) and a wizard in thin black leather clothes and carrying a brace of wands! They were tight lipped and told you nothing of the trip.

The second group went down during the middle of the week but never came back up the well. There were 12 of them, warriors wizards, even a tracker.

The final group, a merry band calling themselves Wet Tabbard, consisted of 2 wizards, and two clerics Tymora and Milil. They all wore tabbards stained various colors and spent a while laughing and drinking before heading down. They also hired Ragnuck to head down with them "for muscle". They only spent 3 hours down there, and came back blood spattered, panting, and with a decent haul of coins! They partied it up again, and Ragnuck told you they know of a dragon below served by a group of Cultists obsessed with turning the dragon into an undead thing. These cultists give the dragon jewels and riches in rituals where they offer him victims, so Wet Tabbard raided them and stole their coin. They had two find two summoned guardian demons!!!! Ragnuck gives you and approximate idea of which way they went and it seems to be further past where the party ran into a red dragon before, supporting his claim!

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#27 Post by spanningtree »

Can you tell me what is in the Drow spellbook Tella has been working on?

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#28 Post by Darkmane »

The drow spellbook is magically trapped, Thorax used a detect traps spell on it, you will need to dispel the book to open it safely.

The Party

*everybody but Roseheart and Vek*

After getting all dressed in fancy clothes you grab up your invites and head north to the Irlingstar manor. The party is set for sundown, probably to give guests those views off the seaward cliffs of the sun on the ocean. You pick up a couple of carriage rides, to save your fancy clothes so your trip is brief although it usually takes an hour of two by foot to hike across the entire city.

You arrive to find the whole house lit by magical globes of light, inset on floating pads of flowers. The globes drift lazily through the house, lighting up white silk drapes hung about. A server, Edward, takes you through the house and up several stairs, to a spot you remember, although the entire area is transformed. In the center of a round/octagonal room is a large fountain with carvings of sea creatures ringing the gliding stream, rooms branch out in 4 directions and balconies in 4 others, and the high domed ceiling is well lit. On the sea facing balcony, is where you once had a meeting with Trevor Irlingstar in his pajamas. This room had been furth broken up with wooden dividers at that time, but now it is set as a ballroom.

As you enter there are perhaps 50-60 folks milling about. Edward takes you directly before Lady Irlingstar, who claps her hands loudly. Most of the murmuring dies down. She is a tall woman, in a silver and purple dress, that hangs off her thin frame, she has long black and silver hair, tressed up and pinned with 5-6 pins. She says, "Guest's please welcome our honored guests to my birthday party. They recovered an ancestral helm of our family, from graverobbers, of all things! Nasty stuff! Welcome them, and get them drinks."

She then comes down to each of your, clasping your hands and offering little words of encouragement/thanks. You see Trevor in the back of the room, his eyes twinkling, he is wearing a fine black suit, wide brimmed hat, and on his feet some fluffy buckskin slippers which are completely out of place. He is additionally drinking from a long horn, the man next to him appears is his fifties, serious, without a trace of mirth scanning the room with flat eyes.

Then a mob of people descend upon you to mingle. You meet a gold dwarf from the south, Hurkar Cragmantle, with golden skin great bands of red metal upon his arms, and a great mane and beard of fire red hair, his eyes are wide and slanted like a cat. He stays near you. A teaming group of ladies from all the noble houses, each in skin tight dresses and wearing complex jewlry.

There are many other bravos from the noble houses. They look at you all with distrust and scorn. There are two mages in a corner, and a halfling telling jokes near the fountain.

Edward arrives back with drinks for you all, beers, wines, and mixed drinks, whatever you are having...

*Let me know if you want to seek any of the groups out for further discussion*

GreyWolfVT

#29 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble heads over to the halfling telling jokes quite intrigued by him. He just listens to the jokes being told at first.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#30 Post by ylinett »

Then - Brother Thorax will offer to Dispel the trap for Tella.

Now - Thorax approaches the dwarf when there appears to be a break. "Brother Thorax Bristlebeard, Algahor of Clangeddin. I don't believe I have seen you at the Tavemple. May I be the first to invite you down to services."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#31 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Then:
Indeed brother Thorax, if you have the incantation to remove the trap from the tome I would be your debt for the trouble.

Now:
Tella will mingle a bit with a stein of mead in hand. Smiling and nodding to everyone. She will eventually make her way to the mages in the corner to see if she recognizes them from the guild. Either way she will try to engage them if they are open to it.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#32 Post by ylinett »

Then - Thorax can cast dispel magic. Do you want me to roll or shall we just assume I can keep on it until it works?

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#33 Post by Darkmane »

Thorax - don't worry about rolling you can alternate between find traps and dispel until the trap is gone safely.

The Party

Glimble drifts off first in his swanky new digs, to hear the bawdy jokes that the halfling, Pietro, is telling. Glimble notices that a few of them seem to contain barbs directed at the noble families, but you aren't getting the subcontext...

Next Cormack and Thorax head over to talk to Hurkar, who had moved in close to talk to other dwarves. They initiate a conversation about the Tavemple, which starts Hurkar laughin, a noise which sounds a bit like a huge growling cat. At that point, Hurkar's daughter shows up, and both Thorax and Cormack take note. She is very different from northern dwarf women, her skin is a deep golden brown, and you can see her muscles rippling in her legs and arms. She wears a green dress, of fine thin knitted wool, with plate armor in spots, and her red/black hair comes down over one shoulder in a huge heavy braid, with metal bands knotted into it. Her eyes are like Hurkar's, slanted and large like a cats, glowing emeralds, and although she has no beard, her side-burns are extremely long and braided like her hair. There is an almost, elven beauty to her, which is quite different from what you boys are used to... Hurkar sats, "May I introduce, my daughter, the shield-maiden, Durnha."

Tella, moves slowly through the party, and as she makes her way to the two mages, suddenly, Mhair, leader of the order, joins the pair, glancing at Tella. The four of you, Mhair, Elstiif, and Morecker, exchange pleasantries for a while, and the two older wizards are trying to remember when the next mage-fair is, and where and on what plane-of-existence, or maybe it already happened. Suddenly, Tella hears a small whisper in her ear, it is Mhairs voice, and she says, "let's head to the balcony, we need to talk."

GreyWolfVT

#34 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble casually walks away from the jester off to the conversation with the dwarves thinking it far more interesting.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#35 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Tella will bid the older mages adieu and move to the balcony with Mhair. What is it that needs to be talked about?

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#36 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon will move about the room engaging with guests using his all his charm. He will absorb any tales or rumors that he over hears. When he first engage someone the topic will be simple matters, like the status of the weather and how people look tonight. When he has his prey at ease he will pry into their personal lives. What the do for a living, their connections and any personal issues that he may be able to profit him or someone else who would be willing to pay with a bag a coin for such information. At some point in the conversation he will see if anyone has any information about the labyrinth that lies below the Yawning Portal. Using the knowledge he already has he will see if anyone can add to it.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#37 Post by ylinett »

Thorax will incline his head. "A pleasure to make your acquaintance. I was just inviting your father to services at my Tavemple to Clangeddin. Would you do us the honor of joining him as well?"

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#38 Post by Darkmane »

Durnha replies to Thorax, "Tavemple?"

Hurkar says, "Yes, Thorax the Alaghor has combined a tavern and a temple to Clangeddin. I think I may go see this." The old dwarf still has a wide grin about the whole thing.

Durnha doesn't seem as impressed as her father, "Do you allow worship of other dwarven dieties? I respect Clangeddin but worship, Berronar Truesilver and her husband Moradin of course."

Seeing the conversation, Glimble begins making his way over to the dwarves, but Trevor comes over, and holds his drinking horn up high. "Well met again Glimble, how fare you? Are you enjoying my mothers party?"

Meanwhile, Ganon is making a circuit through the party, chatting with all the merchant lords and nobles. They are speaking of fairly boring matters, and none of them seem to know a thing about the undercity.

On the balcony, Mhair whispers to Tella,"You must tell me more about that cursed item you found. Xynevell was investigating it, and has gone missing! We did find his notes, while he was researching the thing, and he believes it was connected to Zhengyi the lich king!"

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#39 Post by ylinett »

"Allow it? Why of course. The entire reason that I had to found a place of worship is because there was none for us already in Waterdeep. All proper worship of acceptable gods is permitted...and ours are more than just acceptable. Come down and I will run a service that would make any of the faithful proud."

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#40 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack raises his stein as Thorax explains the tavemple to Durnha. "And a mighty service he runs. I don't want to boast about his services but there are times when I feel the entire Morndinsamman look at us as we defeat our enemies, and I truly believe it is Thorax's service that gains there attention."

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”