6- Resurfacing (RP in Waterdeep)

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 6- Resurfacing (RP in Waterdeep)

#41 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella will recount the groups adventures for the helm, especially the large battle at the end where they came across the item.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#42 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Seeing the conversation, Glimble begins making his way over to the dwarves, but Trevor comes over, and holds his drinking horn up high. "Well met again Glimble, how fare you? Are you enjoying my mothers party?"
Glimble smiles at Trevor "I eh....well I find I am in company I can not entirely belong in conversation with other than yourself and my dwarf cousins. The sense of humor of the jester is not of my taste. To be honest. I am honored to be here but yet feel very out of place."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#43 Post by Inferno »

Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

"Thanks," Vek said to the generous full share, and the offer to join this new party of adventures. He gave them (and Roseheart) the name of the inn where he could be reached when the party was ready to delve again.
"See you soon, I hope," he said. And with that, the enigmatic swordsman disappeared as abruptly as he had appeared.

The truth was, Vek didn't want anyone to see his face. Social encounters were painful for him. But time alone with his thoughts were even worse so. He needed activity. Relentless activity. To keep his mind from thinking too much. From dwelling upon the past. Time in town would kill him if he let it.

Unaccustomed to having any money, because all his wealth had previously gone to the monastery that raised him, he left most of the gold in his room, unspent.

He sharpened his sword, repaired his armor and then sought out the boy, Wally. "Show me the entrance you found. And tell me everything that happened," Vek said, eager for something, anything, that could take his mind off things.

He'd bring Roseheart with him if the wizard was done with his books.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#44 Post by Darkmane »

Mhair steps back putting her hands on the rail of the balcony and thinking furiously,"You found something quite dangerous. Way beyond what we originally expected. I believe the evil will of the lich was never destroyed, and it is now trying to claw its way back into the world!"

In the center of the room, Trevor and Glimble continue their conversation:
Glimble smiles at Trevor "I eh....well I find I am in company I can not entirely belong in conversation with other than yourself and my dwarf cousins. The sense of humor of the jester is not of my taste. To be honest. I am honored to be here but yet feel very out of place."
Trevor smiles, "Don't worry Glimble, everybody feels out of place in a party like this. Why do you think I wear these ridiculous shoes?"

In another part of the room, Durnha looks skeptical but agrees to attend a service at the Tavemple. And then a scream fills the dance hall, coming from the balcony that overlooks the sea!

GreyWolfVT

#45 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble to Trevor "Whats wrong with those shoes. I've got a pair just like them." he smiles and points to his own feet. "I suspect there is something else going on though. You look as if something is eating at you, in your mind. What is it my friend?"
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#46 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack merely mutters "Danger!" and begins to sprint off towards the balcony, calling "My apologies dear Durnha!"

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#47 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon will quietly move away from the balcony area and head towards the entrance and slip out unseen if possible.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#48 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella and Mhair are on a balcony, are they able to see what the ruckus is about?

Turning back to Mhair: What do you propose regarding the lich? My comrades and myself were hired to seek out the helm last time, I am not sure they would seek out the lich without some enticements... not that I blame them actually.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#49 Post by ylinett »

Thorax too will head to the Balcony.

GreyWolfVT

#50 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble remains with Trevor despite the scramble of his fellow adventurers.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#51 Post by Darkmane »

By the time most of you push your way to the balcony, you can't see anything, but you hear that a server grabbed Lady Ilsuril Wand's brilliant opal neclace from ripe bosom, fled along the roof, mounted a pegasus and flew away!

Most of the folks from the party start to leave, but before they have a chance, Lord Irlingstar jumps up onto the edge of the fountain, spry for a man of his age and loudly starts,"Guests, pardon the trouble! This robbery in our house is an outrage, I will offer a reward of 2000 platinum moons to anyone who would recover the jewel to lady Ilsuril."

With that he tramps off towards his security staff, a grim look in his eye.

Trevor remarks to Glimble, "I love these shoes also, but my mother hates them, and I do my best to give them a little heartburn now and again..."

Mhair frowns, lines deepening across her face, "I can't offer you any payment yet, or have a specific goal in mind, but I do know that rumors of grave robbery have been frequent through the winter. Zhengyi was a red wizard and created his evil empire in the east, in Damara. I wonder if he hid items in the far west, here in Waterdeep, some kind of magical safety net... I'll look into this more and see what I can find!"

*Next up - I'll switch over to Roseheart and Vek with Wally. Finding a new way into Undermountain perhaps...*

GreyWolfVT

#52 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Ah yes, almost all children have the urge to do that every once in a while. My parents weren't entirely thrilled with my choice to become a cleric, though there was a bit of happiness when they found out it was in service to Gond. They had hoped I'd become an alchemist or an engineer to follow in their footsteps. But alas here I am defying my folks even in my advanced age for a human, young for a gnome."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#53 Post by Darkmane »

Trevor clinks drinks with Glimble, smiling, "there we have it, we are both misunderstood mavericks! I like you Glimble, I wish you well in your adventures."

Wally and the Way Down

Vek and Roseheart track down Wally the morning after the big party, the rest of the company is in their apartment, sleeping in late. Wally takes you down toward the dock wards, his hips and arms are covered in flour from working in the shop and he is wearing hip boots. He starts to slow as you get close.

You are heading down a narrow steeply sloped alley, and Wally points to the wall,"This mark will alert other street kids to be careful. " It is a modified Harper rune, the street kids of Waterdeep have their own code!

He points to the large drain at the bottom, the grate is missing and the thing is open like a maw. He says," Goblin's, big hairy ones, had come up from there and jumped us. They drug us down into the sewers and throw some kind of passage in the wall to the left. They bound us and blindfolded us, but we went down some tunnels, and then they lowered us with ropes into a room, and there were strange electrical noises, like lightning! And then they took us through many rooms, and held us for two days before giving us to the dark elves. There was a human with them, a deep voiced man, he was in charge and we never saw him. Sorry, but that's all I know."

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#54 Post by Inferno »

spanningtree wrote:Tella - Elf Mage
OCC: Someone like Vek, that is familiar with heraldry, may want to look at the scarf.
Sorry. Just getting to this now:

Vek looked at the scarf and said: "It looks like this belongs to someone from the Moonstar noble family in Waterdeep. They've taken their moon and stars motif, and added other imagery which must be specific to an individual."

What kind of imagery was added, Darkmane? Thanks.
DM:
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)

Player:

DM bio is here.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#55 Post by Inferno »

Darkmane wrote:He points to the large drain at the bottom, the grate is missing and the thing is open like a maw. He says," Goblin's, big hairy ones, had come up from there and jumped us. They drug us down into the sewers and throw some kind of passage in the wall to the left. They bound us and blindfolded us, but we went down some tunnels, and then they lowered us with ropes into a room, and there were strange electrical noises, like lightning! And then they took us through many rooms, and held us for two days before giving us to the dark elves. There was a human with them, a deep voiced man, he was in charge and we never saw him. Sorry, but that's all I know."
"You've done well, Wally," Vek said from inside his great helm. The grim warrior tousled the boy's hair with surprising tenderness. "Now run home and don't come back down this alley again. Understand?"

When Wally was gone, Vek said to Roseheart. "Let's wake the others at noon. I'll meet you then at their apartments."

Vek went back to his inn and got ready for another delve. He was grateful to be soon out of town, before idleness and time alone with his thoughts overtook his tortured mind. His haunted eyes passed over the room's mirror, that Vek had turned to face the wall, and stopped at the sack of unspent gold in the corner.

Vek had no use for it. He barely comprehended the idea of money. And he had no church to hand it over to anymore. He dumped two handfuls of the strange glittering coins into his pouch (50 gp) and took the remaining 900 gp in a sack to Wally's parents' bakery. Away from Wally, he gave it to the boy's parents. "Here. This is for you. Wally did good today. In fact, he may have saved my life." With that, Vek left them.

At noon Vek was banging on the door of his friends' apartments. When they were awake and ready to hear why, he said: "A goblin tribe is coming up through the sewers to steal urchin children to sell as slaves and sacrifices for the Drow. We've got to stop them before they take more kids."
Vek will share everything he learned from Wally, including the existence of a human leader.
DM:

Player:

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#56 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Trevor clinks drinks with Glimble, smiling, "there we have it, we are both misunderstood mavericks! I like you Glimble, I wish you well in your adventures."
Glimble "I do so wish we could get you to join our group. I find I rather enjoy your company Trevor. May your future adventures be full of good fortunes." then the gnome goes to find what the others have gone to do.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#57 Post by Darkmane »

Trevor to Glimble, "Ah you give me too much credit little gnome! I would never fit in with a group of true adventurers. Keep in touch Glimble, I'm sure our paths will cross once more!"

After Tella and Mhair finish their conversation, and you guys re-group to have another round, you notice that Ganon is missing. The security staff, all red-faced from a good screaming out by Lord Irlingstar is also looking over your way. They noted he moved quickly to the exit shortly after the heist! They don't say anything directly to you about the matter though, and your group heads out the door after a while.

The next morning you get a visit from Vek, who tells you about his trip to the sewer entrance with Wally...

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#58 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:
Inferno wrote:Tantos Vek, failed paladin:"A goblin tribe is coming up through the sewers to steal urchin children to sell as slaves and sacrifices for the Drow. We've got to stop them before they take more kids."
"Doesn't sound very profitable, but luckily I overheard, while at the Yawning Portal, about a cult of dragon worshipers that dwell down below in the labyrinth. They have piles of jewel, gold, and other riches for the taking. A band of no more than five raided the cult and made off with a decent haul of coin. Our group in now…" he stops and counts "We are seven now, more than enough to bring back an even bigger haul. And I know exactly where to find them." He says as he leans back in his chair with a big grin.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#59 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella will listen to Vek's recount with interest.

I had a conversation with my mentor from the Mages Guild and it appears the evil magic item that we recovered from the Irlingstar Helm campaign is more than was imagined. They have connected it to the lich king Zhengyi. One of the investigators of the item has gone missing.

Considering our options I would think missing children being sold into Drow slavery might present more of a priority. She will say with a slight shrug.

OCC: Before striking out on anything Tella would like to visit the temple of Gond (probably with Glimble) to purchase some potions of healing. She would also like to scribe herself or purchase some utility scrolls (IE: detect magic, knock, etc...). Should I come up with a laundry list?

GreyWolfVT

#60 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble right hand on his chin looking like he is thinking about this very hard then stops looks to the others and speaks his mind "Eh well both are important, though being child sized I am more in favor of stopping the goblins from taking the children. I'm not terribly useful against undead so I'd rather let someone more experienced deal with that matter."

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”