5- Down the Well, Undermountain, Trip 2

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

5- Down the Well, Undermountain, Trip 2

#1 Post by Darkmane »

After a long time working in Waterdeep in your churches, at forges, and belly up against a bar "diggin for rumours" the stir begins to take hold in your bellies once more. It is time to head out and explore dark dungeons for profit and magic!

You begin to make final preparations to head to the Yawning Portal, gathering food and water in case you get stuck again, torches, etc... Tella arrives last to your planning session. She just found out she was inducted into the Wizards Order in Waterdeep, and she met the chair of the guild today!

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 5- Down the Well, Undermountain, Trip 2

#2 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

"Hey Gimble how many times have you gone down below into the dark caverns underneath? The first time I went I wasn't scared at all, I was excited. This second time around I'm not to sure. I have a sicken feeling in my stomach. Don't get me wrong I'm going but how do you and the others stay so strong?"

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#3 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "Ah you mean undermountain? We all one have trekked down there once so far. That is how we men our mage friend there Trevor. Needless to say it was adventurous but hazardous. Trevor lost two great dwarven warriors down there, rest their souls. There was apparently a smaller dragon, juvenile I'd wager, that managed to get into the tunnels. Other than that we have not yet returned to the undermountain maze."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#4 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

"Yeah, that's not making me feel any better. I think I'm more nervous now. Dragon you say. DId they kill it or is it still down there?"

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#5 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: Tella will meet up soon, doing some PMing w/ Darkmane.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble shrugs "Eh well I believe it is still there. We didn't think rushing to fight a dragon no matter how young was a wise course."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#7 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

"I would say that was a wise decision. Have you been by Thorax's Tavern Temple? I wanted to stop by and have a look but I'm not comfortable going into temples of a god that I do not know. Plus I'm still not very comfortable around around Thorax or Cormack. They are always so quiet around me and it's hard to read their expressions past their beards."

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble makes a bit of a joke at his own expense "Well you know I've poked my nose in on em a few times. Helped em with the paper pushing and bureaucracy stuff." he winks and gives Ganon a smile.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Darkmane »

The taproom is nearly empty, although the torches and fires hold out the chill of the winter. Its cold for late Ches, and you are ready for spring to begin which will mark a year that your party has been in Waterdeeo.

Glimble and Ganon arrived first, and they are at the bar chatting it up when the dwarves arrive in their gleaming new platemail. You all lift a cup and then another half hour or more goes by without Tella. Finally she slides in with an entourage. Behind her is a middle aged woman with silver in her hair and a deep purple cloak, a man with a bald head, light grey robes and dark olive skin of a man for other shores. He wears silver hoops in his ears, nose, and eyebrows. The final member of their company is a bent middleaged man, with heavy leather boots, a dark green cloak, and most of his clothes are stained in blood or slime of some sort. He leans heavily on his staff and looks like he may be wounded.

Tella moves forward to make introductions and explain whats up...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#10 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Good eve gentlemen, it's good to see everyone together. I'd like to introduce Mhair and Xynevell... nodding to each in turn, not engaging the third. Mhair is the leader of the order I belong to, I have asked her to come here to take a look at the cloth that was found while we recovered the helmet. Cormack, even though I do not possess the cloth I feel it has invaded my dreams. May she take a look?

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#11 Post by Darkmane »

The third wizard bows nods to the room, and says, "You folks can call me Ben". You notice that one of his eyes is a strange emerald color, while the other is a dark brown.

The wizards fan out in the room, watching Cormack intently...

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#12 Post by ylinett »

Thorax slides between Cormack and the Wizards, his new Dwarven plategiving off its dull black lustre. "You had best explain more and take up p flanking positions less" he says axe and shield readied.

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble remains seated "Please now we are in a civilized environment. Calm down take a seat and lets have a civil conversation."

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#14 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Surprised at Thorax reaction Ganon raises from his seat. He puts his hand on the hilt of this short sword and watches Thorax closely.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#15 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Surprised at Throrax's response: I feel the cloth is cursed, if you don't want the help just say so. He can keep the curse if that's how you react to me. I don't want to waste their time and efforts on the thankless.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#16 Post by Darkmane »

Mhair, the middle aged woman says, "If we are right, your friend may have picked up a cursed item. Sometimes curses will force their victim's to act in strange ways. I think your friend should be able to part with a little fragment of cloth, if he still has free will."

Cormack is standing there looking confused with moments of curios rage passing over his face. It is as if a struggle has him consumed internally and he cannot act.

*I PM'd ybn, hopefully he sees these posts and jumps in here....*

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#17 Post by ylinett »

OOC: In the months that Thorax and Cormack have just spent together working on the armor, worshipping, and tavern/temple has there been some sort of indication that he is cursed? Or is this a completely out of the blue ambush by three strange mages who may be using some form of mind control over our mage friend?

P.P.S. Beards before Broads...

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#18 Post by spanningtree »

OCC: That's a great way to look at a "group", that makes her feel valued: "It's the beards and then all of these other folks...". If Cormack does not want to proceed with an inspection of the cloth Tella will take her leave with the other members of the order.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#19 Post by ylinett »

OOC: I was always under the impression that Dwarves were known for being clannish.

GreyWolfVT

#20 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Dwarves are but all dwarves come from one "ancient" clan therefore are all dwarves are kin to one another. I might add gnomes are sort of devoted to dwarves as well we are cousins after all ;)

Glimble looks concerned about the situation. "Thorax have you noticed anything out of the normal from Cormack in our down time? Cormack have you felt anything different since our return??"

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”