5- Down the Well, Undermountain, Trip 2

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 5- Down the Well, Undermountain, Trip 2

#681 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

Ganon reluctant closes the lid of the small treasure chest sealing in it's goodies. He then takes his lock picks and attempts to lock the chest. Using both arms he hug the small chest close to this chest keeping a tight grip. He looks around to see where everyone else is and then speaks. "Does anyone one know the way out of here? We ran so fast I'm not sure how to get back."

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#682 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart quips, "Save me some loot! I have to study my spells to reclaim them - I have none left. I can take a look at that black spell book when I'm ready"

He'll find a quiet corner to study until the party decides to head out.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#683 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Tella will take the spellbook, ring and cloak for identification later.

Considering my injuries and lack of offensive power I would like to opt for heading to the surface. We were not far from our usual entry where the chase started... the room with the statue and staff that was screaming. Let's get back to there and then make our way to the Yawning Portal entry.

OCC: Sheet updated with inks, quills, cloak, spellbook and ring.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#684 Post by ybn1197 »

Cormack will take one of the hand crossbows and some bolts. He will snap the bolt tips off against the wall so as not to get near any of the viscous material on the tips. He puts everything in his backpack for safe keeping till he can find a fletcher who can make new bolts based on the ones he now has.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#685 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I have plans to learn what they use for the poison in these bolts. I think I might be able to work with the other gondsmen and formulate something that negates it. Or I may be able to concoct something similar as it that we might use against the enemies down here in our next run. But for now let us take what we can carry back to the yawning portal."
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#686 Post by Darkmane »

OK - so you guys gather up loot, and fashion a litter for the elderly lady. Then you begin to head back to the yawning portal.

(I sent a note to Thorax about the drow swords and armor, you guys have searched just about everything else, and claimed what you wanted by now.)

The trip to the well is quite creepy, the dungeon went almost completely silent after you battle. Except a distant whisper, a drip, a clink, a rumble of sliding stone. You won the day though and you make it back to the well unmolested. You pay your gold to rise (deduct 1gp each) the former slaves are allowed up for free by the barkeep Durnan, once he starts hearing the story from the young boy, who also gives your whole party some thick clam stew and several pitchers of pale strong beer. He says, "You've done well this day adventurers, freeing slaves of the drow! Waterdeep is a city of free men, and we despise slavery!"

Wally passes out after slamming two bowls of soup, and the bartenders daughter says she'll get him home. The elderly lady is taken to the church of Tymora for rest and healing. Rhaeggef thanks you all and then splits for the church of Tempus. He winks at Tella and squeezes her elbow to remind her of his offer on his way out.

That leaves you all drinking and eating around a table with treasure at your feet, a hero's welcome!

*I'll update EXP next, and then make a new thread for roleplay in the surface, the other thread has gotten large. You guys can start thinking up what you want to do with your treasure, or what you might want to get done before your next adventure.*

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#687 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage

Smiling at Rhaeggef: I'm happy your alive but not that happy. Do be more careful in the future, it'd be a pity to lose you.

Reveling in smelling something other than dank and blood she will drown her aches and pains with the ale. At Roseheart and Vek: You should seriously consider joining our groups future exploits... with a slight shrug.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#688 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble "I'd welcome the addition if you chose to join us. But for now I need to rest, and go work in the temple of Gond." the gnome bows his head and takes what he plants to add to his trophies back in his apartment room. Then gathers what he plants to take to the temple the following day after a nice rest and perhaps a bath. "I'll see you all back at our apartment I assume." he says as he heads out of the yawning portal.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#689 Post by Darkmane »

XP: 7100 (Roseheart + Vek), 9526 (everbody else, adds in the last encounter before Vek + Rose joined)
XP doesn't include bonuses for high stats...
I added in a small bonus since you had a profitable delve!

moving to new thread:
viewtopic.php?f=117&t=4234

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#690 Post by Inferno »

Thanks. Sheet updated with new xp and gp. Thanks!
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun