4- The Irlingstar Ancestral Helm Quest

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Re: 4- The Irlingstar Ancestral Helm Quest

#381 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Tella is good with the half cut for Gannon. She'll take her 2250gp leaving the dwavish coins to those that may cherish them more. Those coins might make an interesting display of some sort at your temple Thorax! She will say to him.

-Tella will initially spend most of her time copying the recovered spellbooks contents to her own. (please let me know any costs)
-She will take Muriel's and the recovered spellbooks to Order of Magists to figure out a value. How about the staff with crystals?
-She will fill a new non-weapon proficiency with Engineering. (anything to do here?)
-She would like to shop the shops in hopes of coming across a magical protection of some sort (ring +2, cloak +1, etc... get that AC down a bit)
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#382 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble - Gnome Cleric of Gond

Perks up on Tella's words "That gives me an idea." he says then takes ten of the dwarf coins with him before he heads off to the temple. "I have a plan in mind for these. You can do as you wish with the rest but I have a gift in mind with these." he then saunters off with a renewed almost jovial look about him. Glimble heads off to the shops in town and gives a detailed description of what he wants designed
the one on the left. He asks if anyone of the shops or craftsmen can make two of such things for him, how long it will take, and the cost.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#383 Post by ybn1197 »

I'm ok with the 1/2 share to Ganon as well.

Cormack will shop around for some magical protection as well. If he does not find anything in a decent price range, he will look for an armorer or somewhere to purchase plate mail.
He will also look into visiting a dwarvish temple to have the hemp fabric he took from the priest analyzed to see what it is and why it shocked the others and not him.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#384 Post by ylinett »

Thorax is an armorer Cormack. Potentially he can make you plate along with his own.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#385 Post by DadsAngry »

Ganon:

After regaining conciseness he picks himself off the floor and thanks each member of the party.
"Thank you so much. I've never had this much money before. This is incredible."
Ganon put half of his share (500gp) in his newly acquired chest. Then goes out to shop for most ornate set of leathers, boots, hat, and cloak. The flasher the better. He will spend no more 300gp on his outfit. His next stop is at the Friendly Flounder. Along the way he will find and pay a young boy 2 gold to announce him before he enters the Friendly Flounder.
Young boy "Make way for Ganon Bondara, purifier of the river Delimbyr and hero adventurer"
Ganon struts around the room and makes his way to the bar. He drops the bag with the remains gold coins and says
"Barkeep, ale, wine, mead, food, for me and all my friends"
Ganon says as he moves his arm to signify all the patrons currently in the establishment.
"Compliments of Waterdeeps' former 'Street Rat'." he says with a glaring stare at the bartender that used to ridicule him.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#386 Post by Darkmane »

Tella -

Sounds like a visit to the Order of Magists would be useful. I'd guess 50gp for all the supplies of quality ink to copy those spells. The Order will be interested in your book, and they might be able to locate a minor ring or cloak of protection.

Thorax -

There is a place:

Halls of Hilmer, Master Armorer: The shop's front is plated in armor plate, polished a deep, gleaming blue. Master Hilmer makes only plate armor, his is the finest in the North - and possibly beyond. He also maintains a pair of warehouses nearby, with extra work space for his many apprentices and storage space for his craft. His prices are high but his armor is awesome and you have some emeralds burning holes in your pocket :)

Also, when you probe Cormack about that piece of fabric, he acts like he doesn't remember grabbing it at first, but reluctantly shows you in the end. When you go to touch it, you stop inches above the folded piece of hemp as something in your mind tells you not to touch whatever that is!

Ganon -

People flock to you as you whip out a bag of coin and start offering drinks! The mood in the Flounder gets joyous and the party begins in earnest! The bartender starts filling up mugs of thin pale ale and everyone in the flounder starts singing rowdy tavern songs!

GreyWolfVT

#387 Post by GreyWolfVT »

what about Glimble's coin plaque search?
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#388 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

After copying the spells Tella will head out to the Order of Magists to see if she can gain an audience.

OCC: 50GP deducted for inks.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#389 Post by ylinett »

I don't believe Thorax asked about the cloth with Cormack. I would like to know how much it will cost to smith plate for us as opposed to purchasing it outright.

As for his religious activities do you want to confine that to a separate thread?

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#390 Post by Darkmane »

Thorax and Cormack - I got your two posts backwards :)

OK... lets definitely keep the religious activities in another thread. If Thorax builds armor for Cormack and himself it will likely cost substantially less, (about 500-600gp for standard plate and 1600-1800 for field plate) but it will take far longer. The large shops of Waterdeep have teams of smiths working under supervision. Hilmers prices will be around 1200gp for regular platemail, and about 2500gp for field plate, although for two sets of field plate he would probably go down to about 2000gp for each of you. Also if you purachase it, the quality is a sure thing, if you make it, I will make a secret prof check, and you could get bad mail if you fail the check.

Glimble - You absolutely find a woodworker, right at the Church of Gond who can whip those plaques up in no time at all for 10gp each. The have a nice woodshop in the church and you can pick them up two days later if you agree to the price.

GreyWolfVT

#391 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks! I'll add that to the apartment list. ;)

2 Days later Glimble picks up the plaques, and returns to the apartment or wherever Cormack is. He takes out the two plaques and shows them to both Thorax and Cormack and gives one to Cormack and Thorax to have for the temple/tavern of their dwarven god. "I hope you do enjoy this fellas. It will look great displayed in your tavern/church."

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#392 Post by ylinett »

Thorax overcome with emotion picks up Glimble and crushes him with a back breaking embrace. Upon setting him down he wipes a tear from his eye.

Cormack - What do you think? Should we shoot for Plate, Field Plate...or Dwarven Plate?

ybn1197
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#393 Post by ybn1197 »

With his right hand, Cormack rubs at his eye; with his left hand he claps Glimble on the shoulder.

I say if you're going to do this, go for Dwarven Plate.

Any word on this: "He will also look into visiting a dwarvish temple to have the hemp fabric he took from the priest analyzed to see what it is and why it shocked the others and not him."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#394 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

Talking to Glimble in the early hours: These dreams are a.... warning. Something is wither happening or going to happen, negative wither way. I am not sure Cormack even knows what's happening. Thoughts?

OCC: Sheet updated with the trade and new AC. She will also move 2000gp worth of coin to gems and drop them off in the apartment. After learning "engineering" she has a deep interest in building a mechanical/magic snake(s) that can defend their apartment while they are on mission, she would like to purchase a book or two related to the subject to study. Please let me know the cost if their is something available.

GreyWolfVT

#395 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble replies to Tella "I have no idea what to make of the dreams. I will have to go to seek guidance from Gond."

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#396 Post by Darkmane »

As Tella and Glimble talk in the hall, suddenly Ganon walks down the hallway, staggering and reeking of booze. He wears nothing but some tight black silk undies....

He nods his head to you both as he walks by, and you note he has a few fresh bruises on his ribs.

The rest of the night passes without anything weird happening.

GreyWolfVT

#397 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble just shakes his head and sighs when he sees Ganon's current state. "Some people just never learn..."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#398 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

After seeing Gannon she will turn to Glimble with a shrug: If you learn of anything through Gond please let me know.

OCC: She is good with the time off and will spend the time in research on her pet project. She would like to join the order to gain access to their library. Please let me know any incurred costs.

GreyWolfVT

#399 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble nods to Tella "I surely will try and see what Gond can clarify to me as well as my fellow gondsmen. If none of them can enlighten me on the subject perhaps we should speak with other churches in Waterdeep or the mages guild."

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#400 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Mage

To Glimble: I would like to build a magic artifact that has a mechanical component. I am thinking the craftsman at your temple would be a good fit to build it. Could I ask you to make an introduction for me?

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”