OOC

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

OOC

#1 Post by Darkmane »

This is the place for general rumblings, ranting, ploting, etc...

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

Re: OOC

#2 Post by GreyWolfVT »

alright so where is the rest of the party lol There area some interest folks posting in the recruiting threat by the way Darkmane.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#3 Post by Darkmane »

Max_Vale had warned me that he was super busy and might not be able to keep up with the posting rate I was aiming for (4-5 times per week).

ylinett is new to this website, so he/she is definitely making a character, its just taking some time. I answered a couple of questions about level limits, etc.. this morning through PM.

ybn1197- I'm going to PM him right now and add him to the site, he is ready to go (maybe looking to make a dwarf cleric?) I've never seen so much interest in gnomes and clerics :)

GreyWolfVT

#4 Post by GreyWolfVT »

well he was going to make a gnome illusionist/rogue but i did not know how you felt about illusionists
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#5 Post by Darkmane »

YBN and Ylinett,

After you finish up your characters, send me a choice of a number between 1-6, and also if you are multiclassed which class you would like to use the table from (fighter or cleric, etc...). I've got some random minor magical items to give you, which you have already looted from your previous adventures.

I gave ed an Arquebus instead of a minor magical items (probably a damn good trade!), mostly cuz it went with his religion.

GreyWolfVT

#6 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Yeah but I also have a good chance of hurting myself with my item :lol: I also have to tell you I have always wanted to play in Waterdeep so you got me easily drawn to this game.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#7 Post by Darkmane »

I'm pretty stoked also! I haven't run a 2e game in over a decade! Waterdeep and Undermountain are my favorite area of the realms!

GreyWolfVT

#8 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm still reading the first collection of the Waterdeep novels as presented by Ed Greenwood. Still kinda stuck in book 2 as I find it less interesting than the first one tons of great stuff with blackstaff tower in book one hmm can I visit them lol

Distorted Humor
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#9 Post by Distorted Humor »

Hi all, great to be playing the 2nd edition

Ranger No 3 for equipment - I will finish equipping when I know what special stuff I have.

GreyWolfVT

#10 Post by GreyWolfVT »

You know DH we had an unofficial theme going but you and SD went and broke that lol Dwarves and Gnomes we need Halflings not humans and elves :P just kidding incase you didn't get that :lol:

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#11 Post by ylinett »

I hope to have my Dwarven Fighter/Cleric done tonight. I will go with Fighter 6. Thanks.

GreyWolfVT

#12 Post by GreyWolfVT »

No hacks here just had ToniXX rename my account but this is still Ed.

GreyWolfVT

#13 Post by GreyWolfVT »

bah just what we needed more elves :lol: pointy ears don't have no place underground which be where we're goin'

Spiderdown
Tracker
Tracker

#14 Post by Spiderdown »

GreyWolfVT wrote:bah just what we needed more elves :lol: pointy ears don't have no place underground which be where we're goin'
Woulda taken a halfling but you can't be a halfling mage... curse the race restrictions!

GreyWolfVT

#15 Post by GreyWolfVT »

yeah we need to correct that restriction :mrgreen:

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#16 Post by ylinett »

Can you just be an exceptionally short and fat elf?

GreyWolfVT

#17 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Short elf with not as pointy ears and a big nose hmmm :roll:

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#18 Post by Darkmane »

Couple of quick things:

1. I kicked the game off in our first action thread. Since there will be mostly roleplaying, gathering info, etc... at first, I figure this will give everybody time to pick out what spells they are memorizing, and detail their equipment list.

2. Action Paralysis: I've seen issues in a few of my games of PBEM and PbP that players can get very passive and rely on the GM to "run them on ze rails". I hate making all the decisions, since I feel like I'm telling a one way story. I would suggest, that you guys get into a rhythm of tossing ideas out, or making choices, and then the next person to read, say that you "second" the idea or that you disagree. This will allow us to move quicker than trying to yank decisions out of a perfect unanimous decision process. This game is going to be a bit "sandboxy" which means it relies on the players being a bit assertive in deciding how to drive the game (I'll toss out hooks, you guys chose which ones to bite on). If I hear someone make a choice and another person second it, I will go with that and move things forward.

3. Have fun guys, I hope we tell a great story, and have some good adventures. Don't get too stressed about trying to play perfect, or make the perfect decisions. Remember, if you die, you can always make another character :) Undermountain is a bit of a meat grinder, and is extremely unpredictable, so some level of PC death is expected...

GreyWolfVT

#19 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I may have to take your actions on my game soon but still waiting on a couple more characters to get made in my game. ;)

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#20 Post by ylinett »

Post number one...and we split the party?

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”