Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

-House Rules, Character Creation Rules

#1 Post by Darkmane »

Character Creation Rules:

2nd Ed AD&D Core Rules - no splat books
Characters start with 5000 xp
No evil characters, no psionics, no odd races/classes not found in PHB.
We will be using the Unseen Servant die roller for all rolls, please see the FAQ and support threads or Pm me for help.

4d6 drop lowest for stats, arrange to taste, no moving points around
Max HP at first level, roll the dice after that.

Nonhuman level limits are in effect, also humans get 1 additional non-weapon proficiency slot.

Starting gold, use amounts specified in PHB, is doubled to account for previous adventures. Also pick a number between 1 and 6 and send me your choice for extra special equipment found while adventuring.

House Rules:

Natural 20 - double damage, automatic success of attack
Natural 1 - automatic miss, random chance something bad happens (roll 1d6: 1=roll 1d4 damage against yourself, 2-5= nothing additional happens except auto miss, 6= drop weapon)

Weapon House Rules:

Altered rules for crossbows...
Heavy Crossbow, ROF 1/3 rnds, 2d4+1 damage to S/M/L
Light Crossbow, ROF 1/2 rnds, 1d6+1 damage to S/M/L
Hand Crossbow, ROF 1/2 rnds, 1d3 damage to S/M/L

Advancement:

I'll be giving out 2-3 times normal exp points for monsters and maybe some kind of story based or loot based exp award to accelerate advancement. With play by post we can only fit in about a dozen battles in a year so leveling would be crawling if I don't.

Zero HP and Negative HP:

I'm using the -10 HP = death optional rule from the PHB. Zero HP = unconsciousness. If healed, you are back up and fully functional after a few rounds of rest (1d3 rounds). If you go to negative HP you begin losing 1 HP per round until you are stabilized by somebody with the healing proficiency (success on a check), or healing magic that brings you up above negative HP. After you go to negative HP, and brought back above 0, you become very weak, unable to attack for the first day, or do anything too strenous beyond walking (no casting spells, climbing, etc..).
Some of the Weakness lasts (operate at -2 penalty to all rolls, checks, etc...) for an additional 1d3 days - unless very powerful healing magic is used -> heal spell.

I'll probably post more rules up here as they come up....

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: -House Rules, Character Creation Rules

#2 Post by Darkmane »

Minor Magical Item Prices:

Magical crossbow bolts +1 (100 gp each)

Rhaeggef's Cleric Friend (discounted pricing)
Healing Potions:
1d8 healing potions for 200gp
2d4+2 healing potions for 300gp
3d8+3 healing potion for 1500gp

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”