It is currently Mon Dec 11, 2017 8:24 pm

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: 12 - Fight in the Forest
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 5:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 1410
Upon leaving Under mountain from a gate in the Fat Mans keep, the hero's have only a single night respite, and then are attacked in the predawn hour by orcs and other things....


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:35 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9004
Location: 1977
Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

"I wonder if the Fatman has come to get his treasure chest back," Vek rasps with merry malice. "Fight fire with fire, I always say."

Vek's sword slides from its scabbard. The grim warrior fans out, giving the wizards plenty of room to operate as he tries to flank the orcs and hack them asunder.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 7:52 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Glimble will cast bless on the group feeling fatefully lucky to be alive after a fireball flew at him. "Gond watch over us all."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Last edited by GreyWolfVT on Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 03, 2017 4:46 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Pennsylvania
Roseheart

[1d100] = 68


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:08 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Enoka:

Hurt, Enoka cast Cure Light on herself.

Cure Light Wounds [1d8] = 6

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 4:48 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 1410
OK, Vek starts off toward the original flanking direction. Does anybody follow him?

Enoka casts a quick heal spell, still in progress. Tella and Glimble are hunkering, Garl is nowhere to be seen, but is probably close, and roseheart tried to figure out where the fireballs came from but isnt 100% confident. It looked like at least one came from slightly behind your course, but you aren't sure. The other came from near where Enoka's entangle spell is still live.

The flames continue to spread, there may end up being a forest fire unless something intervenes.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 8:07 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2378
Location: Pennsylvania
Roseheart picks up the chest and follows after Vek "let's get into the open and draw out the enemy - they know we are here but we can't see THEM!"


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 12:34 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1580
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tella - Elf Mage

Agreeing with Roseheart she will help with the chest and run after Vek.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
Glimble moves back out to open ground further from the woods.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:07 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 1410
Glimble, do you split away from the rest and begin heading toward the forest edge as before?

Vek is heading right at the enemy taking an arc, to try and throw them off balance, with Roseheart and Tella right behind him. Enoka, once you finish that heal spell will you follow tella?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:45 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
I'm trying to draw them out not being a fool and running into the woods.

Glimble "I fail to see how running in after them draws them out..." the humble little gnome inventor priest says confused as to why everyone is rushing into the woods rather than acting as if to flee towards the road away from the woods as he is doing. "I prefer to live and fight another day rather that rush blindly to my death to an unknown number of foes."

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:38 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1629
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Enoka will follow after Tella.

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:18 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9004
Location: 1977
Darkmane wrote:
Vek is heading right at the enemy taking an arc, to try and throw them off balance

I'm a little confused at the layout of the area. Vek wants to stay concealed by the foliage as long as possible while flanking the orcs. Thanks.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:23 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1580
Location: Las Vegas, NV
OCC: Would it be possible to get a visual representation of the area, where the party is and where we think the baddies are? Right now its difficult to imagine, for me at least.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 06, 2017 12:43 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 17455
Location: Central Vermont
spanningtree wrote:
OCC: Would it be possible to get a visual representation of the area, where the party is and where we think the baddies are? Right now its difficult to imagine, for me at least.


ooc: I'm just as confused as I was before as well the last image showed a road near the edge of a cliff in a grassy area we camped near the woods but not directly in them or so I had thought and now I am entirely lost on the area.

_________________
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred

Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Cormac MacCulain Human Fighter - Adventures on the Borderlands of Lamora
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Ivan Volkov Human - Mechwarrior2 3028 campaign
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 4:55 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 1410
OK - real quick pause to organize, Glimble got off his bless spell (it takes 1 round). Enoka achieved her heal. You got attacked by fire balls from two different directions.

The end of your last battle occurred back out by the cliffs. You guys were pretty dosed out there so you made the decision to hike away from the ocean inland until the forest, to have cover while sleeping.

The forest seemed quite, safe so it is a bit baffling why a large organized force attacked you. They also seem to have magic using scouts...you could be dealing with the fat man or his agents again.

I'll sketch up some maps to give you guys perspective. You aren't that far from the forest edge, but in combat movement rate terms it is many rounds to get out completely.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 7:15 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9004
Location: 1977
Ok. Thanks. Will wait for maps. :)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:37 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 1410
Here is an ugly tactical map. You guys are the big circle. There is a fire in the center of this circle spreading outward now.

The two Xs close to you are your approximations of where these magic using scouts are.


The line of Xs at the top is the line of charging orcs, they still may take another two or three rounds to reach you. The lien of orcs would spread off the page in both dorections , it sounds like there are quite a few of them.

The arrow points toward the edge of the forest, it is the original direction you were heading.


Attachments:
ca1a8bab-2fe0-4993-b228-513c8e829062.png
ca1a8bab-2fe0-4993-b228-513c8e829062.png [ 38.67 KiB | Viewed 11 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 6:56 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 1410
Ugly map 2 - your estimate of where you are. Not to scale. You popped through the gate on the coastline near a road about thirty miles from what you believe to be waterdeep.

After the fight on the cliffs overlooking the ocean, you went northeast, crossing the road and heading into a small forest in the hills for cover.

This bad of orcs and other things appears to have tracked you into the forest. You tired to circle around them, but their magic using scouts must have alerted them to your maneuver, that's when combat ensued...


Attachments:
8864c79f-05cb-4184-b4d3-9e914aeb111b.png
8864c79f-05cb-4184-b4d3-9e914aeb111b.png [ 63.78 KiB | Viewed 11 times ]
Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2017 7:56 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 9004
Location: 1977
Thanks DM. This changes things.

We are in a clearing, correct? The charging orcs see us, and we see them? If yes, how many orcs are charging?

What's the approximate scale of the map? How far away is the forest edge? How close are the two scouts?

Which of the two scouts might be entangled? Thanks.

Guys, do we have any magic to reveal the locations of the invisible scouts? With two rounds before the orcs reach us, we might try to kill the scouts first.
Or we could fireball the charging orcs before they get within range, leaving us just the two invisible wizards to deal with.
I don't think we should flee to the forest. They'll just burn it down with us in it.
Any other ideas?

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group