It is currently Thu Sep 21, 2017 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:19 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8485
Location: 1977
Thanks, raven. If I can take cover from the arrows, I'll drink it this round.
Then next round, I'll wade in to fight whatever's left.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:26 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16651
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
All I've got left is Aid that just gives you extra HP temporarily, a few more CLW, Silence, Protection from Fire and my Arquebus but i wont fire with you guys in front of me. My magical staff has some other spells mostly useless in battle other than whatever Striking Effect is & CLW granted it drains charges but i have no idea how many it has total or how many are left, though i can recharge it just dunno exactly how yet.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:41 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8485
Location: 1977
Hmm... GW, if I can get some healing now (other than potions, which take a round to ingest) then I could attack this round. But I dunno if we should do that, or if we have another ranged magical barrage happening.

Enoka, Tella and Raven, what do you think? I agree we should save Roseheart's Lightning for later.
:)

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:11 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16651
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Glimble will cast another cure upon Vek Cure Light Wounds[1d8] = 3 not from the staff so i deducted it.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:40 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1559
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Enoka has cure lights but to do so she would loose her swarm. I have another 5 rounds until my swarm is gone. I will if you think it's worth it I'll loose the swarm.

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:42 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1474
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tella - Mage

Hold your missiles, we will likely need them later...

Tella casts web among the guards in front of them, in an attempt to maximize the restraint.

OCC: Tella has some, healing potions if anyone is in need.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 6:06 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8485
Location: 1977
Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

Vek thanks his friends again and guzzles down Roseheart's potion.

Healing potion: [2d4+2] = 7+2 = 9


Vek HP: 27/57

Thanks everyone. :)
Dads, I think you should keep going with the swarm if you can, fwiw.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 3:42 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 1365
Tella blankets the hallway before you with webs, fully capturing the band of men. A few more arrows were shot, but didn't find targets. The won't be reloading anytime soon.

This gives you the time to regroup, starting with healing Vek (now back up to 27hp). With your fighter feeling his strength returning you are about to figure out how to handle the web stuck men. Also, Tella hears some enemies coming from behind you. She isn't sure how many.

Suddenly Gaels voice can be heard in the hallway on the other side of the webs, down near the T possibly to the right. He yells out, they are trying to escape! Charge!

You assume he must have found the fat man somewhere ahead but you hear no more. There are enemies all about, and they are converging on you.

What next?

*enoka was able to pull her swarm out of the webs and have it attack one of the enemies in the back which was only lightly stuck, so far you haven't lost many to the webs*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:34 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8485
Location: 1977
Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

"Tella, what's the fastest way through your webs?" Vek croaks.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:28 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1474
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tella - Mage

Burn them.

I have one more web spell and no fire based spells. There are folks coming up behind us. What's next?

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 4:16 pm 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8485
Location: 1977
Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

Vek nods at Tella and snarls, "Someone throw a torch on the webs and I'll hack apart the survivors."

And he will.

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 3:23 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 1365
Someone tosses a torch on the huge clump of webs, and Enoka just has time to send her swarm further down the hall before the whole thing erupts into flame. Vek walks steadily down the hall, sword hovering. While the men scream and die.

As the fires begin dying, Vek wades into the midst of the fighters and starts killing. A few of the defenders perished in the fire.

*vek roll attacks for two rounds and if you roll well, you should be able to plush through and get to the other side. The rest of you follow closely, and from behind you a group of three orcs comes down the stairs eyeing the mess in the corridor suspiciously*


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:31 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8485
Location: 1977
Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

The demon in the service of angels savagely cleaves a path through flesh and bone.
"Bring us the Fat Man and we'll let you live," he snarls from behind the merciless silver blur of cold steel. "Better hurry. If we find him first, the deal's off."
The blur slowly turns crimson.


Round 1 initiative: [1d10] = 8
Vek: +3 Long Sword: To Hit: [1d20+8] = 2+8 = 10 . Damage: S/M: [1d8+9] = 7+9 = 16 , L: [1d12+9] = 7+9 = 16

Round 2 initiative: [1d10] = 2
Vek: +3 Long Sword: To Hit: [1d20+8] = 17+8 = 25 . Damage: S/M: [1d8+9] = 6+9 = 15 , L: [1d12+9] = 6+9 = 15
Vek: +3 Long Sword: To Hit: [1d20+8] = 18+8 = 26 . Damage: S/M: [1d8+9] = 8+9 = 17 , L: [1d12+9] = 3+9 = 12

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 7:47 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1474
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tella - Mage

Before moving beyond the burned webs Tella takes her chalk and sketches a menacing looking glyph on the ground where they stand. She will put 20 platinum pieces on the glyph before moving on, hoping to keep those behind them occupied for a bit.

OCC: 20pp deducted.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:49 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:42 pm
Posts: 1365
The orcs look blinking at the glyph, as you all stat following Vek. They seem hesitant to move forward, so Tellas bluff worked, for now.

Meanwhile, Vek cuts down the remaining survivors except for one. That one makes a feeble attack at Vek as well. Its like they arent thinking and have just been charmed.

You move right pas the last fighter as a group, Glimble giving the man a crack with his staff as you move by. You come down the hallway, and turn right. There is an open door midway down the hall. A pool of blood on the floor, heading that way, that mysteriously dries up..


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:32 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:02 pm
Posts: 16651
Location: Central Vermont, USA (EST)
Glimble follows Tella and Vek.

_________________
“Life has no meaning but what we give it. I wish a few more of ye would give it a little.”
― Ed Greenwood, Elminster: The Making of a Mage

Odilo the Reborn Half-Elf Mage - A Paladin in Hell
Algrim GreyBeard Dwarf - Skull Mountain
Bror Hammerfell Dwarf - Enter the World of Greyhawk
Gavin Storm Human Smuggler - WEG Star Wars
Glimble Rivenstone Gnome Cleric - under streets of splendor
Hot Streak - Villian - Rebirth of Power
Jack Carter Human - Mutant Future - Tales from the Gam'A Zone
Korin McGruffin Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Formerly: Pits of Wob Currently: Minn's Mound
Pocc Vorche Human Druid - Pirates: Cannons and Dragons
Throm Thundergut Dwarf - Silvery Moon


DM - A Village With No Name (AD&D 2e)
DM - Al-Qadim: One Dozen and One Adventures (Ad&d 2e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:39 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 4:06 am
Posts: 2201
Location: Pennsylvania
Roseheart smirks at Tella's clever trick - have to remember that one - and follows quickly behind.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:21 am 
Offline
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 01, 2015 5:05 pm
Posts: 8485
Location: 1977
Tantos Vek, failed paladin:

"Nice work, Tella," Vek grunts as he quickly follows Garl's blood, draining a healing potion of his own as he advances.


Healing potion: [2d4+2] = 7+2 = 9

HP: 36/57

_________________


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 7:18 am 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 09, 2014 1:39 pm
Posts: 1559
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Enoka:

Enoka releases her insect minions so they can feast on the freshly supplied meat. She then places her hands upon the mighty warrior Vek and prays to Bralm to heal his wounds.

Casts Cure Light Wounds
Cure Light Wounds [1d8] = 2

_________________
Enoka Farore in "under streets of splendor"
Lieutenant Dr. Ned "Needles" Ryerson, Star Trek Adventure Gaming in the Final Frontier
Hoom Feethos, The Horror at Briarsgate (1e)
Mako, The Lost City of the Pharaohs (1e)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:50 pm 
Offline
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:35 pm
Posts: 1474
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Tella -- Elf Mage

Thank you, the blood drying means he is close probably... Just throwing this out there... but maybe he's a vampire. Think about it, children have pure blood. I just don't know but am disturbed.

Tella will hand Vek a potion of healing (2d4+2 variety).

OCC: Potion deducted.

_________________
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 632 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group