10- UnderMountain-Trip 6-The New Crew

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

Re: 10- UnderMountain-Trip 6-The New Crew

#761 Post by Darkmane »

Gm - I'll see if I can move Glimble from retirement to the list of active player characters. Meanwhile, Steth will get a call from family and need to leave the city for a while (in case ybn comes back). Glimble has also unlocked several powers of the staff now so I will update you in the next several days on that.

Also, Blue, you and I need to figure out how you make a new PC or rewrite Isabella. Can you make a new PC, and copy over Isabella's info? Alternatively, since Steth left your group might be a little heavy on clerics and light on fighting. If you wanted to roll up a martially bent PC that would probably restore balance again. Either way, I'd really like for you to be able to make rolls and update exp, treasure, items, etc...

How are things working out in your other games?

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#762 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka:

30 days above ground is to much for Enoka to take. She has no money. Penniless she spends her 30 days scrounging in the darkest corners of the city. Living in the sewers, basements or anything underground when ones can be found. The rays from the overhead continual light that beams down once a day pains her eyes. Living above ground is as unpleasant to her as the underground is for surface dwellers.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#763 Post by spanningtree »

Tella - Elf Mage
DadsAngry wrote:Enoka:

30 days above ground is to much for Enoka to take. She has no money. Penniless she spends her 30 days scrounging in the darkest corners of the city. Living in the sewers, basements or anything underground when ones can be found. The rays from the overhead continual light that beams down once a day pains her eyes. Living above ground is as unpleasant to her as the underground is for surface dwellers.
Tella finds Enoka fairly repugnant but does respect her as a friend and cohort. Not enough to share a room with her but enough to make sure she lives as well as everyone else. Approaching Enoka: My dear, here is part of your cut from the sale of the spellbook. Handing her 5pp. Make good use of your time in town, soon we will be where evil itself feels at home.

OCC: 5pp deducted.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#764 Post by Bluehorse »

ooc: I hear you loud and clear. I will be honest with you, I have put a lot of thought into this, and though I enjoyed the Isabella character and it has been fun trying something different, I am realizing that I am utterly clueless what to do with a cleric at this time. Since we are short on muscle, I will roll a new character. I guess you can NPC or write out Issy how you choose. I am getting caught up at work so I think this would be more than doable at this time. Shoot me a PM of what you would like to see in a character and we can put our heads together. My other games are going great! I am really enjoying them all particularly the Pirate one, Dungeons and Cannons. I am also playing in The Scoering of the Shire where I get to play one of my favorite Tolkien Characters, Farmer Cotton. You should check it out, it is good for a read if nothing else.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#765 Post by Darkmane »

Glimble's Magical Staff:

Description: A long slender staff, crafted from a strange wood which has a base red color with swirls of purple/orange grain which glow brilliantly when held up to a light. It is an agile staff, somewhat flexible, being approximately 6 feet in length but only 1" or so in diameter. A set of gnomish runes, spiral up sides of the center and either end is capped with a silvery metal which is also carved intricately. Glimble identified 4 passages in runes upon the staff each dedicated to Gond, Milil, Deneir, and Oghma, the four dieties known as the Dieties of Knowledge and Invention!

One of the passages (the one to Gond) had a hidden code word which activates healing magic, which seems to drain some of the magic held in the staff (charges). This healing magic is equivalent to a cure light wounds. One of the passages describes healing techniques, with further study they may give you bonuses to healing proficiency rolls. Gimble believes that there are many more secrets to the staff hidden in the passages.

Abilities:
+2 Staff (effective in combat!)
Cure Light Wounds Effect: Drains Charges
Mend Effect: Drains Charges
Read clerical magic: no loss of charge
Tounges: drains charges
Striking Effect: drains charges

Also glimble has learned that charges may be able to be recovered into the staff. They automatically return to the staff at a very slow rate, but being in the presence of amazing music can accelerate the process, other things may accelerate this process as well.

GreyWolfVT
Wants a special title like Scott

#766 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Thanks for the staff description.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
― Paul S. Kemp, Shadowbred
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."
― Paul S. Kemp, Twilight Falling

Algrim Tirion Dwarf - HarnMaser
Dalin Silverhand Dwarf Thief - Barrowmaze
Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion
Roan Gravelbeard Dwarf Fighter - Hedge's Greyhawk Adventures
Torvik Shadowhood Dwarf Fighter/Thief - Nocturne
DM - GreyWolf's Mystara Adventures - AD&D 2e

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#767 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka:
spanningtree wrote:Tella - Elf Mage

Tella finds Enoka fairly repugnant but does respect her as a friend and cohort. Not enough to share a room with her but enough to make sure she lives as well as everyone else. Approaching Enoka: My dear, here is part of your cut from the sale of the spellbook. Handing her 5pp. Make good use of your time in town, soon we will be where evil itself feels at home.

OCC: 5pp deducted.
"Thank you Tella." says Enoka as she accepts the coin. "Bralm usually provides all that is need when I'm among the it's children and coin is not needed. But this above world has become unfamiliar to me and my ways. I find it harder to exist among the unnatural laid stone and blinding light of the gods. This coin should give me shelter until we return to the safety of my domain."

Enoka will use her coin to secure residence in a basement/cellar of a merchant building or inn. She will stay there during the day as long as the sun is shining bright and do her socializing at night.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#768 Post by Darkmane »

A couple of choices for Enoka:

1. There is a basement in the same building as the PC's current apartment. It is small and has absolutely no amenities, right now one wall is taken up with racks of canned food (which would have to stay), all earthen floor and stone walls. It's pretty small, damp and cooler in the summer, and near freezing in the winter, although you might be able to create a small fireplace to keep it slightly warm, the Tavemple dwarfs could whip that up for you for free in no time. You could rent this basement space for ~5sp per month, and if you like it you will have to enter through the first floor business.

2. Not too far away from where the PC's live, there is a tavern that caters to folks who like to live underground: gnomes, dwarves, the occasional drow or half-orc. It is called The Crawling Spider, and it consists of a series of underground cellars. It is rumored that a few folks rent out underground rooms from the proprietor.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#769 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka will take the a room at the The Crawling Spider when she hears the name.

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#770 Post by Darkmane »

Enoka, you head to the crawling spider, it operates 24 hours a day and pretty much every day of the year. Entering the tavern cellar, you find it to be a series of stone rooms, dimly lit by magical drift globes of pale flickering bone white light.

Patrons are thinly spread throughput the cellars and serving girls, wearing black leather and chain garb of drow priestesses and with black masks each with a different design, are moving quickly through the place with drinks. Some of them even carry whips and batons, so they also seem to be the security around here! There are spider webs everywhere up near the ceiling. In the main taproom there is a huge comical stuffed spider that is draped over the wine glass holders. The spiderwebs cast grids of shadows across the rooms as the drift-globes lazily float by.

You finally find somebody with authority who shows you a suite and says it is 30 gp a month to rent. Each of the suites is a set of three small rooms, a chamber for greeting and eating with a fireplace, a bedroom with a decent bed and a hangar and two chests with keys for belongings, one is even cedar lined. Finally there is a very small water closet. There are no windows and it is cool right now, but the fire and candles would improve the room immensely. There is an elaborate series of forged swinging pot holders, to allow you to cook and bake over open flame. Near the fireplace are small shelves for spices and food storage. There are some spice pots with caps left over from a previous tenant. You appear to be one level under the tavern and above you is a constant murmur and muffled sounds of carts and people walking above the cellars. You're fireplace exhaust must connect to others above before exiting somewhere much higher up.

Looking up you see all the spiders, and the guy says, I'm sorry if those spiders bother you, er umm miss, but please don't kill any of them, it is forbidden to kill a spider at this tavern. If they bother you, I can have someone move them from your room. As he says this, he catches a wiff of Enoka's unwashed stink, and takes and involuntary step backwards.
Last edited by Darkmane on Sun Oct 23, 2016 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ylinett
Ranger
Ranger

#771 Post by ylinett »

Garl spends his time hanging out in the local taverns and listening to rumors

ravenn4544
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#772 Post by ravenn4544 »

Roseheart will spend some time in the mages guild and do some research on the undermountain, the fat man, and the dragon to see if there is any clues about what these things could be about or interesting clues for a next adventure. He'll inquire as to any other resources that may be available for learning about these things.

Time permitting, he'd certainly continue to investigate and interesting shops for any potentially new magic item that he could sell or trade for.

GreyWolfVT

#773 Post by GreyWolfVT »

Glimble will spend some time catching up with Tella and anyone else from the former crew, to learn the fates of the original crew he came here with, and pay his respects for those that have fallen.
“All men did have darkness. Some wore it in the form of horns. Some bore it invisibly as rot in their souls.”
"If good people won’t do the hard things, evil people will always win, because evil people will do anything."

Elwood 'Dug' The Bounty Hunter Dwarf Swashbuckler - Hedge's Adventures in the World of Golarion

Darkmane
Ranger Knight
Ranger Knight

#774 Post by Darkmane »

Just let me know if anybody has business in the city (items, RP, research, etc...) and then we can start thinking about the next adventure.

Are you guys leaning toward a concerted attack on the Fat Man? Are you guys thinking to try and use the candle shope lady's mirror again if she can be bought?

Bluehorse
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#775 Post by Bluehorse »

Hi all. Got pulled away today before I could finished fleshing out the new character. However it is Darkmane decides to work him in, he'll just go with the flow. You'll see why ;) In short, I'm open to whatever. I'll try to have him ready by this time tomorrow night.

Inferno
Rider of Rohan
Rider of Rohan

#776 Post by Inferno »

Vek votes Fatman, using the potion of phasing to get inside.

In AD&D, magic potions can be split up into several doses of smaller duration. Is that still the case in 2e? Thanks.
DM:
The Horror at Briarsgate (1e): Lovecraftian Gothic Horror (N1, homebrew)
Lost City of Eternity (1e): Hyborian Age Sword and Sorcery (B4, JG102, homebrew)
Once and Future Earth (1e): Post-Apocalyptic Sci-Fi Dungeon Crawl (X1, B1, ASE1, homebrew)
Sauron Victorious (1e): Dire Saga for the Fate of Middle Earth (homebrew)

Player:
Agax Gryyg: Gamer of Urth, Ravenloft
Azoth Al-Aziz: Lovecraftian Cultist, Tamoachan
Blodget: Foolish Young 9th Level Hobbit, Dark Clouds
Dredd Doomsmith: Dwarven Deathtrap Engineer, Tomb of Horrors
Elijah Crowthorne: Marooned Prophet, Pirates
Jack in the Green: Ancient Child, Giants
P.T. Codswallop: Larcenous Impresario, Dimwater
Sir Ugghra: Bestial Half-Orc Aristocrat, Brotherton
Swilbosh: Savage Lizard-Warrior, Keep
Tantos Vek: Failed Paladin, Under Streets
Ulfang Chainbreaker: Barbarian Liberator of Slaves, Tharizdun

DM bio is here.

GreyWolfVT

#777 Post by GreyWolfVT »

I'm for going after the fat man as well.

spanningtree
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#778 Post by spanningtree »

Tella tries the following

1) to see how much the recovered spellbook might bring after herself and Roseheart get done making copies of the contents.

2) will ask around the mages guild to see if there are rings/brooches/amulets of protection. Basically, she looking for a ring +1/+2 or the like.
Anall nathrack uthos bethos doss yell yenva. -Merlin

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#779 Post by DadsAngry »

Enoka:
Darkmane wrote: Looking up you see all the spiders, and the guy says, I'm sorry if those spiders bother you, er umm miss, but please don't kill any of them, it is forbidden to kill a spider at this tavern. If they bother you, I can have someone move them from your room. As he says this, he catches a wiff of Enoka's unwashed stink, and takes and involuntary step backwards.
"Oh not at all. Spider are always welcome here. If any of the other guests object to their spiders they can be moved in her with me."
Enoka settles down in her new dwelling. It's not to bad even if there are dwarves around. The temporary shelter is so much more pleasant than the surface. While she is here she will attract more spiders through her magical ways and communicate with them to make sure their needs are taken care of. Upon her leaving after 30 days she will pay for another 20 (assuming it's a gold piece a day) days for the spiders to continue living in her room.

DadsAngry
Ranger Lord
Ranger Lord

#780 Post by DadsAngry »

It's time to take on the fat man. Fat man is going down.

Return to “Under Streets of Splendor (2ed)”